XXVIII

Alexie's POV

I was rushing in the condo lobby on my way out when I bumped into someone. My Surgery books fell, I hurriedly picked up the one nearest me and the man who bumped into me took the other one. He handed me the book, "Eto pa libro mo miss o. Sorry medyo nagmamadali kasi ako." I was too busy fixing my stuff. I took the book and when I looked up, I was surprised to see a familiar face.

"Louie?!"

"Lex ikaw pala! Ano ginagawa mo dito?" The guy asked.

"I live here, 8th floor. You?"

"Ako din, 11th floor. Punta ka bang school? Sabay ka na." He offered. I nodded and followed him to his car.

On our way to school, medyo traffic kaya we had time to talk. "Small world we live in the same building lang pala." He started. "Oo nga eh! Pero diba you're from Manila lang?" I asked wondering why he's living in a condo when in fact he said before that his family lives in the city. "Medyo malayo kasi bahay namin from school kaya sabi ng parents ko it's better if I live near nalang para iwas hassle and traffic na rin. Umuuwi naman ako pag weekends na hindi busy " He narrated. For someone who looks very manly, his car is one of the cleanest I've rode in. Not to mention it smells good too! Don't get me wrong but most of my guy friends' cars are full of basketball shoes, clothes and gym bags. "You live alone?" He asked. "Yeah, it's just me, myself and I. You?" "Same. My mom checks up on me every now and then, nag iinspection sa unit kung may babae ba akong dinadala or naglilinis ba ako. Surprise visit parang NBI." Natatawa niyang sagot.

The drive to school wasn't awkward, no dead air, we just kept on talking about anything. We arrived in the room just at the nick of time, pumasok na rin professor namin. I took the seat next to Fred and Louie took the one beside mine. Since it was a major subject, all eyes and ears were on the professor.

"That's all for now. Long exam next Friday. Class dismissed." The professor announced after nearly two hours of discussion. Since it was the only class of the day, my classmates started to leave the room.

"Grabe na dry ata brain ko dun ah." Fred complained stretching his arms and back when he stood up.

"Para ka namang hindi sanay." Louie reacted. "Tara kain tayo wala pa akong breakfast eh." He added looking at Fred and I. I didn't eat breakfast too so I agreed, as well as Fred.

"Guys, balik na ako ng building. I have a patient in one hour, I need to set up my instruments." I told them after we ate.

"Sama ako, may surgery din ako. Ikaw Fred?" Louie and I looked at him.

"Di na, magkikita pa kami ni Trisha eh. Una nalang kayo." Fred said referring to his girlfriend I haven't met yet. We bid our goodbyes and went back to our building.

I was setting up my instruments on the tray when I heard my phone ring. I removed my gloves and took my phone from my pocket, I swiped the screen to answer.

"Hi babe." I greeted Jeric.

"Hi baby! What are you doing? Don't you have a class to attend to?"

"Tapos na class ko, I'm setting up my materials now kasi may patient ako. Eh ikaw, don't you have a practice or class to attend to?"

"I'm done with practice na, on my way to class now."

"Hi King Tiger! Pwede po bang magpa picture?" I heard a girl's voice from the other line, must be a fan.

"Ahhh..." I heard hesitation from Jeric's voice.

"Go babe, pagbigyan mo na yan. I'll talk to you after your class nalang later. Behave ha! I love you."