VII

Alexie's POV

I woke up from my noisy alarm clock. And the blinding sunlight. "Oh shoot! I forgot to close the blinds last night." I mentally scolded myself. I checked the time, 7:30 in the morning. I still have time to prepare myself without rushing, I just hope the traffic cooperates later. I managed to drag my sleepy ass to the bathroom and took a cold shower to fully wake myself.

After almost half an hour, I wore my unifrom and headed to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. And by that, I mean place cereals on a bowl and mix in milk. Turned the television on as I sat on my couch with my breakfast on hand. While watching E! I heard my phone ring from my room, I walked to my room and answered the call without even looking who the caller was.

"Uh...hello." I answered even with food inside my mouth.

"Good morning Lex!" I heard the a familiar voice on the other line.

"Jeric?" I asked to confirm.

"Who else?"

"Well good morning to you too! Bakit ka napatawag?"

"I just wanted to hear your voice." He said.

"Naks naman! Hiya na ako niyan ha. Bolero eh, noh?" I said sabay tawa. I actually didn't know how to respond to that.

"Di ka naniniwala, totoo kasi yun." His tone became serious.

"Ah whatever! Wait, wala kang klase? Pasukan na ngayon ah." I changed the topic.

"Bukas pa kami eh, kayo ba?"

"Ah...may pasok na kami and actually I have to go, I might get stuck in traffic. Talk to you some other time. Thanks for calling Jeric! Hi nalang sa mga kapatid mo.'

"Ingat ka ha? Sige. Bye Lex!" I ended the call when he finished talking.

Nilagay ko na sa sink ang bowl ko, di ko na nahugasan, mamaya nalang pag uwi ko. I brushed my teeth and put on cheek tint before getting my car keys and school bag.

Paglabas ko sa basement the guard greeted me. "Good morning ma'am! Happy new year!"

"Good morning kuya! Happy new year!" sabay smile sa kanya.

I got in my car and started driving. I got stuck in traffic when I was near near S&R already. I checked my Instagram muna while waiting for the green light. Napansin ko that all 4 Teng siblings are following me already so I followed them back. I posted a collage photo of me making sad face and the traffic with the caption "Look what welcomed me back to Cebu today, traffic! Move already please, I don't want to get late on the first day of school for this year. :(" Timing that when I posted it, the cars on my lane started moving already so I placed my phone on the passenger seat and drove away.

As expected, pahirapan ang paghahanap ng parking space dahil it's almost noon time. What is hassle? But ang saya ko ng may nakita akong kotse palabas kaya I took the space na iniwan niya. Pagbaba ko sa kotse, tinawagan ko agad si Giana, my bestfriend.

"Hi lav! Where are you? I'm in school na." I said when she picked up.

"Hello! I'm in Dentistry department, I just arrived also. I'll wait for you here." I ended the call and walked to where Giana is.

"Hi laver! I missed you!" She greeted me as soon as I came near her, sabay hug. I hugged her too. "I missed you too!" I said in reply. I sat beside her on one of the benches.

"How was your Davao trip?" Tanong niya habang nagscro-scroll sa Instagram niya as we speak. Multi-tasking.

"It was all good! Dami kong kwento sayo. But mamaya na yun, how was Dumaguete? And kamusta naman yung Starbucks barista na nagtetext sayo?" I teased her.

"Ohmygod girl! Stop it! Di ko type yung barista noh, I'm just being friendly. And oh, Dumaguete's wonderful as always. I have pasalubong pala for you, daanan mo sa house mamaya."

As I was about to answer, a delivery boy came up to us. "Ma'am may nagpapabigay po." He handed me a bouquet of tulips. "paki sign nalang din po didto." Inabot niya rin ang piece of paper sa akin.

"Ahh kuya sure ka this is for me?" Kumunot ang noo ko.

"Yes ma'am! Positive!" Lapad ng ngiti ni kuya ah. I signed and he said bye. I thanked him.

"Hala! Kanino yan galing?" Lumapit na rin si Ann sa amin, classmate din namin ni Giana. Si Giana naman nakatingin lang sa akin, di niya alam ano ang sasabihin. Shocked like me.

"Dali na! Check mo yung card." Finally Giana spoke. I checked the card.

To my favorite girl Alexie,

I hope you had a wonderful break. Welcome back! And I miss you so much.

Yours, K

Yan lang ang nakalagay sa card.

"Who is K? Boyfriend mo? Akala ko ba NBSB ka?' Daming tanong ni Ann.

"As far as I'm concerned, wala naman akong ex. I have no idea eh." But it was a lie, I had someone on my mind but I didn't want to share it. Not until I confirm it. Giana was looking at me like she knew what I was thinking. She didn't say anything but I know we're suspecting the same person.

Jeric's POV

After calling Alexie, I started playing 2K13 taking advantage of my free day and since Jeron isn't here, I have the TV and PS3 all to myself. Just when I thought wala nang distorbo someone knocked on my door.

*knock knock*

"Pasok!" I shouted while my eyes are still glued to the TV.

"Sir Jeric kain na po, pinapatawag ka na ng mommy niyo." Manang Tess said. after she opened the door.

"Mom's here? Akala ko umalis siya. Sige nang baba na ako, saglit lang. Salamat." At umalis na din siya. I paused the game and went out of my room, I didn't want mom and the food waiting.

I kissed mom on the cheek before sitting beside her. "Hi mom!" I greeted her. We started eating and talking about anything that goes. It was a quick catch up before mom left again to run errands. I offered to drive her around but she wanted me to just take a breather before school starts again tomorrow for me. And grueling training as well, if I might add.

I went back to my room and checked Instagram before going back to playing. Alexie is now following me, it formed a smile on my face. I opened her account. Oops I'm not stalking, just... checking her posts out. (LOL)

Medyo mabagal ang mobile internet ko sa mas nauna pa ang second from the recent post niya mag load kesa sa recent one. I opened it. Collage of her sad face and the traffic. She's so cute! I commented.

"Yun oh! Instagram-ing while driving. Kids, wag tularan! Haha joke :) Sad ba talaga or pa-cute yan? Ang cute eh! #Maniwalakanakasi @AlexieHo"

I checked her posts again. This time nagload na ang recent post niya. It's a picture of a bouquet of tulips. And her caption: "Thanks! But really, you didn't have to. Things will never be the same again. Ever."

Ano to?!