Till Death Do Us Part

Vincent Lyson Point of View

The air is thick with fog as my men spread out around me. Tashkent's location was able to be tracked, but no sign of him. Our men move through the trees, simple tracker abilities shifting through the air in hopes to find the older male, but the silence through the forest tells me enough. They are either dead or failed to find him.

I dip around another tree my larger muscle proving more difficult to move quietly, or even smoothly. While in this form I am stronger, and have better senses, it proves a hindrance with movement.

"I see you are still shit at tracking, Vince." The familiar voice calls out through the fog stopping me in my tracks.

Ignoring his taunt, I keep myself quiet. Especially since my speech is absolute garbage in this form. No need for banter, only a need to rip his head from his body and feast on his organs.

"So quiet, must be the primitive way of doing things coming out. Such a shame! I hoped for a fair fight."

I hear the shuffle of leaves, a black mass moving through the field in front of me. Ducking low I start to squat walk in his direction, gun raised.

"It has been a while since you have been on the field, huh king. Some time since you ate well. Does your mate know about your little feeding habits? What happens when you go without for so long?"

Silence.

"I'll take that as a no. What would she think when she finds out about this? That you crave battle purely for the nice dinner. It's almost sad to think about the man that rules us these days. Such a cannibal."

While his words are simply to catch me off guard, lower my walls, they hold some truth. My form is hard to hold and keeping it for so long has only been possible by feeding the demon within me, like the old ways.

Eat his heart, we save planet. Eat his throat, we save planet.

The old thoughts channel through me when the stars exploded our worlds were much different. The rarity of being able to go primal increasing as people realized the cost outweighed the gain. Now, the truth behind the ability is hidden, only the people that still can having that secret stored away.

"I can't wait to break your queen to do out bidding. Jackson is going for her now, plans to take her like the bitch she in in front of that meek infirmary you have organized. Such a shame she didn't take her chance to leave when she had it. To prideful."

Eat his head, we save mate. Eat his eyes, we save mate.

The primitive urges start to take over more than they have before, my mind meddling with my older self our desires to feast taking over any logical thought. My movements become less controlled, Tashkent's plan starting to work.

A belly growl leaves me, his body moving in front of me with a gun pointed at my head, "You really just another fucking animal, aren't you? Such a shame, I was hoping for a challenge."

He pulls the trigger, my body kicking right to avoid the bullet. Another fires, my body drops it barely skimming over my hair.

Eat. Eat. Eat.

Another bullet, shift left. Another, right. Another- throat. His gun shakes in his hand, mine being thrown to the ground long ago. Another pop and crack as my body gets larger finally giving into the darkest part of my mind.

"You act like she would still love you if she saw this." Spit runs down my face. My fingers tightening over his throat.

"Some. Challenge." I groan out, a broken voice cracking between us as his throat bends.