II - Just a Name

"My name? That does seem important to know when discussing who you will be laying with." He muses laughing at my surprised face. He picks up the light going back to the car surveying more of the steamed area.

"And are you going to tell me?"

"Ryder, Ryder Frost."

I try not to laugh, but he beats me to it joining me, "Your name fits you."

"And yours?" He keeps looking over the car grabbing a random tool from his bag to mess with something.

"Um..." I tap my chin, but he doesn't seem to mind my extra time I take finally giving into my better idea than making this worse for myself later, "They call me Lily."

He gets the steaming to stop, giving me a side eye, "They? And what do you call yourself?"

"I don't know yet. Still in that phase of trying to figure out who I am and what I want out of life." I lean against the car when he stands back up pulling the hood down. Ryder grabs a rag from his bag wiping his hands off, an understanding look on his face.

"I get that. It's hard to know what you want out of life, things are complicated and changing daily. As long as I'm the only one that you wrap your legs around at the end of the day, we can be more flexible on the rest of life." He seems so serious gathering his things walking back towards his shop. I look back at my car and then at his back trying to figure out the game plan, "Come on, love. You aren't driving tonight. I don't think the stars within me would let you leave anyways."

I know the feeling.

"I promise I'm not drunk, or anything. I was just having fun with a friend." I feel a need to defend myself, make myself look less pathetic than I really am. A Princess avoiding her duties out of fear of failure, letting her entire kingdom down because I'm not the male they expected to take the crown. If that's even going to be me, however, with my mate being an ice wielder, that tells me more than I want to know.

"Love, anything that happened before you stepped in my doorway is not my business to be upset about." He stops at the shop door running his hand over the side of my face. His eyes are warm and comforting, something that I hadn't received from another that wasn't my parents, "I promise I have probably done worse."

We stand together for just a moment and then break apart. I take slow steps into the shop afraid to touch anything that might blow me to pieces. In my life, one of the many things I haven't done is spend a lot of time in mechanic shops. Now I know, curse the stars, that this car failure was some fate and part of me thanks them.

"Tell me more about yourself, and are you hungry? I have leftovers." He calls out from the back room he wandered off too, I slip off his coat to toss it over a chair.

"I study politics, have a hatred of thiuns, and wish to take over the world." I joke, he comes back around the corner with an extra pillow and blanket.

"All wonderful things." He holds up his find giving me a once over, "I brought extra blankets. My apartment is above the shop, just through this door. You can borrow one of my shirts to sleep in."

"Thank you." I whisper walking over to him and up the stairs his points me too. He follows close behind letting me take my time to look over the space. My mind is blown at how much trust has already settled in me, it's almost alarming how I just know he wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

I break through the upper doorway entering into a comfy living room. Pillows are thrown across the beige couches, the kitchen clean minus a pot on the stove. Pictures of him and his family line the walls, and his smell holds strong in the air something better than any blanket.

There's only a couple doorways, one leading to a light blue style bathroom, the other into a master bedroom with a large comfy looking bed. I take my focus away from the inevitable and wander over the pot on the stove, "Should I take the curiosity in my soup as a yes?"

Even cold the soup smells fantastic, "That would be a good assumption. May I?"

Ryder nods, "Anything here is yours. My mother before she passed helped me make my apartment cozy for my mate and I."

A deep sorrow racks through my body, my heart not knowing what to do, "When did she pass?"

"When I turned eighteen, my father soon after. Now at twenty-three I run the shop they set up years ago. A great way to pass the time, but it really isn't what I want out of life. I hope to be someone, grow someway." He pauses laughing to himself as he clicks on the burner, "Sorry, stupid right?"

I look over him taking in all his beautiful details, "Not at all."

My inner being pushes at me, my mind transitioning to the bed. Ryder's back is tense, eyes focused on the soup. Fuck it.

"Ryder?" His whole-body freezes at the sound of his name dropping from my lips, I take my thumbs pressing them into his shoulders starting to rub out the buildup that he is adding to.

"Lily..." My name is just as mesmerizing, my body wanting to curl into him and never leave. He lets me touch him, the sparks agreeing with me when I rub my thumbs over his stress lines.

"It was kind of you to fix my car." I meld my hair into a ponytail, the bond taking over completely. I couldn't stop myself if I wanted to. How my mother avoided my father for so long starts to nag at me, does she lack these feelings that we have? This need to be with the other.

I click off the heat, no need to burn down his apartment on the first night. He watches me intensely, his eyes starting to glow in the night when I go to my knees. I undo his belt, my heart jumping in excitement. He doesn't say a word, letting me unbutton his pants to pull it down to his ankles. His cock is hard in excitement, something that flatters me when I mess with the waistband of his briefs.

He helps pressing them down letting his hand run through my hair afterward, a mini encouragement as I take in his impressive stature. I let my tongue trail down the length, his intake of air telling me it's a good feeling.

"Lily."

That's all I needed, I wrap my lips around him, running my mouth over him. I groan against him, and his pleasure filled moans like music to my half alien ears.

.

.

.

.