II - The Taste

His moans fill the air, a certain heat building at my core. His fingers continue to massage my head, a subtle thank you while I keep pace. Ryder pulses against me, his pleasure running down my throat. I avoid gagging at the saltiness, but I don't have much time to think it through before he yanking me up to cover my lips in a deep kiss.

Explosive is the only way to explain it.

He digs his fingers in my hips pulling me into him as close as possible, I let myself enjoy his warmth, the other men in my life never giving me such satisfaction.

We break apart. He flicks on the burner pulling only his underwear back up. I watch as he tosses the jeans into his hamper and then returns to stand next to me. His eyes burn with desire, but his focus is on the wonderful smelling soup that starts to bubble next to us, "Let's get you fed. Then," He sends me a smirk, "I'll have my desert."

He grabs two bowls out of the cabinet holding the smaller in one hand, larger in the other, "How hungry are you love?"

"Here." I take the larger bowl, the tequila giving me a pit of a stomach to work with. The ladle lays off the edge of the pot and I use it to fill the bowl nearly to the edge. He guides me to the dining table, a soup spoon in hand.

Ryder pulls back a chair letting me sit before he finds himself a seat across from me. The soup almost spills over the side as I shift around, but the curved edges keep it within the metal container. Dipping my spoon in, I go to take a sip letting it burn the tastebuds off the edge of my tongue, "Stercore." I cuss to myself, Ryder laughs.

"Let me help you." He waves his hand over the bowl, small flakes of ice forming and then melting just as fast, "That should be a good temp."

"That's useful." I chuckle grabbing another spoonful letting the spiced soup fill my senses. The flavors are wonderful, my mind blown at this simple meal. Even with the castle chef I haven't had something this tasteful, "This is fantastic. Did you make this?"

I fight the urge to shovel it, Ryder giving me a smile, "It's my mother's recipe. She taught me how to cook. Her gift was gardening... any plant she could imagine she could grow." Much like my mother's late friend, Stella.

"One of my aunts had a similar ability. She was able to increase the growth of plants around her. Made for a badass fighting technique!" I laugh lifting the bowl to get the remaining bits at the bottom.

"Fighting hmm?"

"Surprisingly, my mother and her friends were big into self-defense, independence, all that stuffs. They trained together for a while before a few of them passed." While I didn't know this lady, my mother speaks so highly of her that I felt as if I could have. Photos of her and Mark are few and far between in the castle, but still hang throughout. Mark was one of my fathers most trusted advisors, and still gets choaked up talking about him.

"And how did they pass?"

"Right before I was born, actually, in one of the raids against the castle. Her mate was killed in battle, and she passed with him."

Ryder nods his head, taking in the small truths that I am giving him, but he also tries to keep to himself. He leans back in his chair running a hand through his hair letting me take a moment as well.

"So, what's your purpose?" I mumble to him, setting the spoon in the bowl.

"Purpose? Haven't we already discussed this?" He chuckles covering it with a cough, "I want to make something of myself, grow into a person that people look up to. The shop is great for income, and even better for bringing me to you, however, I plan to sell it as soon as I can."