chapter 7

Song- bebe rexha- the way i are

Katherine found herself leaning into his kiss for a moment time stopped and the only thing moving was thier lips. She closed her eyes letting herself enjoy what was once a fantasy. Until  Memories of the pain she went through because of him raced throught her mind. Fear of what would happen when... fears of getting hurt, him getting hurt. Dylan was waiting for her inside and instead she's out here with james.

She placed her hands on his toned muscular chest and pushed him away from her. Thier lips broke apart and james forehead creased in confusion at her sudden actions.

"What whats wrong?" He asked her his voice low and tone agitated.

"What do you think is wrong?" She snapped back cross with herself for letting her emotions get the better of her. Cross with james for thinking he could steal a kiss from her. She turned and stormed away from her arrogant ex husband. He grabbed her wrist Turning her back towards him.

"Come on katherine, I know you want me, i want you" he groaned

"James you had me. We were married you threw me out you have no right to come now and start asking me to forget all the pain and stress you pit me through. No, not happening"

He wouldn't let go of her wrist and she wiggled under his grasp.

"James let go" she mumbled pushing against him. He held eye contact woth her making her slow then he finally let go allowing her to walk away.

Her mind was racing, her heart was pounding and dylan was sitting at thier table where she had left him talking to a buisness friend of james, henry.

His face lit up when she neared them and he flashed her a glimpse of his pearly whites.

"Hey where have you been?" He asks her.

She smiled back and gave him a safe reply "i was out getting some air. It's so stuffy in here i couldn't bare a second more" it was the truth she was out for air she just forgot about mentioning james.

"Oh no problem lets get going it's already late" he smiled grabbing her hand they said goodbye to henry and headed for the car.

Dylan was of course a gentleman, he walked katherine to her front door and kissed her cheek lightly leaving a little tingle on her cheek.

Katherine said goodbye and watched him drive off. She felt strange inside. Guilty. She knew as soon as james lips touched hers there was no other man for her. But she didn't want him. She wanted someone like dylan who cared about her, who treated her nicely someone who would trust her.

She climbed up the stairs and trudged into her bedroom. Peeling off her dress and heels she pulled on a pair of victoria secret pyjamas and pulled back her duvet. Sliding into her comfy bed and letting her body relax she fell asleep.

....

The hall was full of people of different ages katherine being one of the youngest. They meet every saturday night.

They sat in old chairs which where most likley used in a high school, they sat in a circle.

This is her fourth time comming here and she felt ready.

Timothy was the leader he had strawberry blonde hair and a long face. He wasn't handsome but he had a heart of gold even though she had only met him a month ago katherine was starting to feel comfortable with him.

The group where at introductions, this was the part katherine had been avoiding she had yet to introduce herself formally, they sat in a circle oppening up. There where alcoholics,shopaholics, workaholics and drug adicts in the bunch all looking for an outlet for thier anxietys. Anonomous wonderers, they called themselves. It made katherine smile the name was fitting to them all lost in thier own emotions and minds.

"Anybody else ready to introduce themselves?" Timothy asks the group his eyes looking around the circle.

Katherine raises her hand a little. And his eyes fall on her. His warm smile comforts her a little as she stands on her feet.  Taking a deep breath she readied herself.

"Hi guys im katherine sau- sorry gray" she starts of nervously

The group reply as usual "hello katherine" it always amazed her how they say that all at the same time.

"And im a single mother" her confession was just begining.
"I had my daughter 4 and a half years ago, she's beautiful and is a little Angel."

"Im sure you're proud of her katherine" Timothy smiles at her.

She nods "i am. But im not just a single mother... i-i"
She felt herself choke a little at the realisation shes comming out with something no one not even her own mother knows.

Timothy speaks to her in a gentle tone "go on katherine its ok you're doing great"

She inhales and exhales deeply " i am a single mother with cancer." She lets out in one breath.

The room is silent. She looks at them and sees expressions of shock and pain on thier faces. "I am dying i have eight months left. I was diagnosed about 5 months ago when i went for anual blood checks and it showed i had cancer. We thought it was just the blood but i fainted and broke my wrist they took lots of different scans thinking i tore ligaments but found a shadow. Im riddled with cancer from my head to my baby toe.

The doctors tried to treat it but my body wouldn't accept the treatment and i got worse. No one but me and now you guys know. I thought i could handle it on my own but my daughter stayed over at my mums for a few weeks her school was on holidays and she is due back tomorrow but i was so sick after treatment and i can't hide it forever. Although i don't really have forever do i" she chuckled dryly 

Then the emotional impact of what she just admited hit her. She's dying. Some day her baby girl won't have a mummy and she certainly doesn't have her daddy.

She felt arms wrap around her and someone handed her a tissue. She looked down at it and touched her cheek it was then she realised she was crying and then that she realised she needed a plan. She herself admited her life was short so what was she going to do about her baby girl and how was she going to break it to her friends and family... unless she didn't.

Authors note

So this is the big reveal hu?

Very emotional chapter. Poor katherine.

What is she going to do now?

Did you guess right???