Chapter 5: Dream

A/N: Art found at: http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Zalgo I could not find the artist.

---

Crim had given Masky a blank stare, the one she often held on her face. It was difficult to read the young woman at times. She began to lead the way to the portal that would take them to Zalgo's Realm. She waved her hand over the rippling surface and a red tear appeared out of thin air. She looked at Masky and gestured for him to go inside, then crossing her arms over her chest.

Masky paused at the portal, knowing exactly what it was. Zalgo's realm. Oh, shit. If there was one thing he hated more than having to follow the Operator, it was this. The masked man quickly looked down at his camera, making sure the batteries were full and he had a new tape in there. He knew that place, much like the Operator, could play tricks on the mind, amnesia sometimes, maybe other things.

He looked back up at Crim, who seemed to be staring at him as if she was annoyed, impatient to get going. As if she'd been there before and knew what lay beyond the portal. "Have you done this before?" he asked, finding her nonchalance to at least the portal in front of her very confusing.

Crim looked at him. "Many times," she said, sighing and shaking her head, her face relaxing. She offered a hand, "You coming or what?"

Masky blinked at her, and stared. "How?" he asked dumbly. Honestly, he wasn't really sure he cared though, as she offered her hand out and insisted they go through the portal. He gave it another wary glance, checked to make sure his camera was recording, before he stepped through. He ignored the offered hand. He knew he was scared, but he didn't want to confirm it in front of someone who apparently acted like this was no big thing. He had to go, anyway.

There was no choice.

"There is a deal between Zalgo and Slenderman, there is to be no harm done to messengers," she said, blinking at him. She then turned and began walking forward, heading him inside with him.
The portal opened to a cliff, ash floating about in the air, they both were hit with a sense of anguish and fear. She looked to Masky, tears in her eyes as she began to walk forward. The ground was charred black, and there were pits of boiling water scattered about. Some of the land dropped off into complete darkness. But she continued to walk.

The masked man saw Crim turn to look at him, saw the tears in her eyes, but didn't say anything. He did a brief scan of his surroundings with his camera. He could sense the fear and anguish immediately after he stepped through.

His heart pounded wildly in his chest. He took in a shuddering breath before he started to move, walking along with Crim in silence.

It got darker and darker the further they walked in, everything beginning to be stained a crimson color, until that was the only thing they could see. Crim felt herself growing tired, since she was still a human after all, she didn't belong here. If she wasn't careful she would pass out and never wake up. She stepped over the lifeless body of a human male, slowly being absorbed into the crimson ground. She felt her tears fall down her face, making her quickly rub her eyes. It soon grew harder to breathe as the ash thickened, the water turning into pools of blood or lava. She raised her head, looking up at the dark castle that stretched before them, looking dark and ominous. Some of it was knocked down and destroyed. She slowly continued forward.

Tim continued with her, but the ash in the air was making it difficult to breathe, mixed with the humidity in the air, and he started to cough. It didn't help that he already had a series of issues in the past, made worse when the Operator entered his life, but he'd also developed a chronic illness due to being near its presence so many times. What it was, he wasn't sure, but it most commonly resulted in difficulty breathing.