Kopa's Death?

Kopa's POV

Kiara had just been presented to the herds and I am out exploring the pride lands. I decide to go see Vitani instead of going to the watering hole. That was a big mistake it turns out.

"Vitani, it's me Kopa" I call, but she does not answer me. So I thought she was at her den and decided to wait at the border for her. As I laid down I heard someone approaching and thought it was her. "Vitani is that you?" I ask standing up.

"Hello prince Kopa" a voice sneers and I turn to see a rogue lioness.

"Who are you?" I ask backing away.

"Oh didn't you Daddy tell you, I'm Scar's mate Zira" she snarls. She launches herself at me and I dodge her. "Hold still little prince and I'll make your death quick" she tells me. She managed to back me into a corner pinning me under her paw. I grab her ear with my teeth ripping a chuck out. She roared in pain letting me go and I run for it.

"Dad, Mum and Aunt Aurora Help!" I yell just as she caught me again. Only this time there was no escape as she scratched me with her claws. The last thing I see is her walking away as I close my eyes.

Aurora's POV

"Did you hear that Simba?" I ask my brother. We were exploring the pride lands while Nala attended to Kiara and Storm. He nodded his head and we take off towards the out lands where we heard the call for help.

"No Kopa" Simba says and runs faster when he spots something on the border.

"No" I say stopping looking on as Simba cries for the lose of his first cub. "We should have never let him wander off alone" I state sitting beside Simba. "Rooaaarrrr!" I roar my rage and sadness. Simba joins in as do the others from pride rock as they hear us. "You should go tell Nala, I'll deal with Kopa" I tell him. All he does is nod his head before leaving.

"Aurora what happened?" Selmak asks as he runs over.

"Why are you here?" I ask confused.

"I heard your roar of despair, what happened?" he asks rubbing against me in comfort.

"Kopa is dead and by the smell of the area it was Zira" I snarl. Selmak walked over to Kopa's body and nudges it gently. "What are you doing?" I ask him.

"He's still alive, but barely" Selmak tells me and I look closely to see the slow raise and fall of Kopa's chest.

"Take him" I tell Selmak stepping away.

"What? He needs his family" Selmak tells me.

"No he needs to be protected from Zira and her pride. If he goes with you he can recover and Chaka can teach him how to be a king. Then when Kiara has gone on her first hunt you can bring him back. And he can become king like he is suppose too" I explain. "Please Selmak, I can't see him hurt like this again. He'll be safer with you and Chaka in the northern plains" I beg.

"Very well and I promise he won't ever be hurt like this again" he assures me. I said a last goodbye and Selmak took Kopa away. I look up to the sky making myself a promise to protect my cubs and Kiara. So that they cannot be hurt by Zira or her outsiders like Kopa.

"Protect Kopa father guide him through this" I tell him. Then head back towards pride rock to tell Simba I had dealt with Kopa's dead body. This was for the best to ensure the future of the pride. Besides if Kopa survived this then he is going to be a strong king one day.

When I reached pride rock I saw Mia curled around Storm crying. "Tell me it's not true" she says looking at me. I sigh and curl around her and Storm as Storm takes a feed.

"It's true, but don't fear we'll all survive and become stronger as a pride. You have to protect Storm ok" I tell her.

"I will mother and I'll protect Kiara too" she promises me. Smiling I lick her forehead telling her to sleep. I look over to Nala and Simba to see them crying as Kiara looked confused. Poor thing doesn't understand what's happened and why her parents are so upset. But I knew they needed each other more then ever before. I know now Simba will never let Kiara go anywhere alone, just as I won't let my cubs go anywhere alone again.

A/N

Picture above of Simba crying over Kopa's dead body.