Nuka's Arrival

Aurora's POV

About a week after our first official hunt news of the heirs birth spread through out the pride. Scar and Zira have just had their first cub. So far no one outside our old pride (Excluding Scar and Zira) has found out about Mheetu. He is growing to be a fine young cub and hopeful now Sarafina can raise him in the den with the heir's birth.

"You did well Zira" mother states as we look at the new cub. Sarafina was here also while the others were out hunting. Except for Nala who is looking after Mheetu and Tama is on patrol.

"What's his name?" I ask trying to sound interested.

"Nuka, he'll be an amazing king like Scar" Zira announces.

"Where's Scar, surely he wishes to be with his new son" Sarafina states.

"He is out ensuring the hyenas are doing their job" Zira states.

(Pride lands) Nala's POV

"Nala, where's Mamma?" Mheetu asks me. I was showing him around thinking everyone was at the den after the new arrivals birth.

"A new cub as been born she is seeing if you can join us at pride rock" I tell him.

"Really? That'd be awesome" Mheetu cheers jumping up and down. "Will I get to play with the new cub?" he asks.

"Not at first he is to young to play with you yet" I state. "But I'm sure when he's a little older, you'll play together" I assure him. "What's wrong Mheetu?" I ask when I see him looking at something and I turn to see Scar heading our way. "Mheetu stay behind me and  low to the ground" I instruct and he does so.

"Who is this cub Nala? Why is he on my territory?" Scar demands.

"He's my little brother Mheetu, we knew you would not except until you had an heir. So we kept him hidden, we were planning on presenting him to you tomorrow" I explain.

"Really, let's go see what your mother has to say shall we? Bring the cub" he orders. I pick up Mheetu and follow Scar to pride rock. Mum will kill me if this ends badly for Mheetu.

(Pride rock) Aurora's POV

"Nala, what are you doing here?" I ask running to greet her. "Hello little Mheetu" I say when she put him down he run to me and rubbed against my legs. "I thought we weren't introducing him until tomorrow" I state confused.

"You knew about this cub Aurora?" I hears Scar's voice behind Nala.

"No, yes I did" I say holding Mheetu close.

"Which means Sarabi must have known as well" Scar says annoyed. "Sarabi, Sarafina!" he calls for our mothers. They soon appeared and looked shocked at Nala & Mheetu being here. I guess they didn't know about this either. "Care to explain this?" he asks gesturing to Mheetu.

"I was pregnant before you took over" Sarafina states. "I knew you might not accept Mheetu, especially as he was born before your heir. So I decided to keep him hidden until then" she explains.

"Why do these two know about the cub? And who else does?" Scar asks.

"Sarabi helped me find a safe place to raise Mheetu until the time was right. She knew of the birth from the beginning. I don't know how Aurora found it, but she shortly appeared after Mheetu's birth wanting to meet him" Sarafina explains. They all look at me now for an explanation.

"I saw Nala and you laying in the shade one day sleeping. I noticed your rounder stomach and asked mother. She told me of Mheetu's birth after she'd first meet him and I wanted to see him also" I explain. "Can he please stay? I promise we'll keep him out of the way" I ask.

"As long as he is with two of your pride members he'll stay safe. But if he strays the hyenas will kill him" Scar states.

"Thank you Scar, we'll watch him always" Sarafina assures him. Scar walks away as Mheetu goes to stand in between Nala and his mother as they watch Scar leave. (Link to picture: http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e15/10570032_317735308393310_1723849503_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=NzgxODM4MTI1OTQyMzUyNjMz.2 .) "Come little one, you must be tired" Sarafina states picking Mheetu up and taking him to the den with Nala.

"We'll protect him right mother?" I ask.

"We will Aurora, no harm will come to him" she assures me. We walk into the den and I see Scar laying down beside Zira & Nuka. But he wasn't asleep he was watching Nala's family. Mother and I walk over to them before laying around them along with Tama & her mother. We made a silent promise that we'd all protect Mheetu with our lives.

A/N

Picture above of Sarabi, Zira, Nuka and Sarafina from Aurora's point of view. Picture on the external link of Nala showing Mheetu around.