Death and New Reign

Aurora's POV

"What's going on?" I ask tiredly when I hear the others gathering outside. I noticed it was dark time and stood up. "Mum is probably worried, thanks for watching over me and telling me the truth" I state going to leave the cave. But Aunt Zira blocked my way "Aunt Zira I need to return to the den" I tell her.

"You'll stay here from now on" Zira states.

"You can't order me around" I tell her before dodging her and running out of the cave. "Mother what's happening?" I ask her when I see the whole pride gathered. Including the cubs, but Simba and Dad were not in sight.

"Thank you all for coming" Scar states and I see him on a platform looking down at us. "I am the bearer of very saddening news" he tells us. "Today I was looking after young Simba and he run into the gorge. I told him to come back, but he did not wanting to play a game of tag. His loud voice disturbed the wildebeest herd causing them to stampede into the gorge. I knew Mufasa was the closet as he had taken Aurora on a tour of our lands. I told him about the stampede and he sent Aurora home. We both then went to the gorge to see young Simba hanging onto a dying tree for his life. Mufasa being the brave king he was jumped into the gorge to retrieve Simba. I was to mush of a coward to help and Zazu said he'd come back for help. But he flew into a rock wall" he explains.

"The death of Mufasa is a tragic lose, but to lose young Simba who had barely began to live. It is a deep sadden lost and it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne. But from the ashes we will raise to the dawn of a new era. In which lion and hyenas come together, in a great & glorious future" he announces. As the hyena packs appear and we look up at shock. "Zira as my mate is now the queen" he tells us. "She will speak now" he states and she appears beside him.

"My first act of queen is to inform the young cubs that they have been lied to their whole life. Aurora is not the true daughter of Mufasa and Sarabi. She was adopted into the pride" she states and Nala looks at me with Tama. "Now let it be said we are not fair, Aurora has two choices" she states. "She can move to mine and Scar's old cave continuing to live in the pride. Or she can take her chances in exile" she adds.

"You can't do that to exile her will mean her death" Sarafina states.

"She is to young to be isolated from me and she needs the other cubs. She has just lost her father and brother. Now you would take her away from me her mother. We are all each other have left" Sarabi says standing over me protectively.

"Just because she'd be living in my old cave does not mean she'd be isolated from you and the others Sarabi" Scar assures mother calmly. "She may see you all during the day, but will sleep in the cave every night" he explains.

"She'd freeze to death in the coming winter" Mary states.

"If she is worthy to be in this pride then she will survive" Zira states. "What is your decision young one?" she asks me.

"I'd still be able to see mother and the other cubs?" I ask. Zira and Scar nod their heads. "Then I'll sleep in the cave" I announce.

"Good, tonight you may sleep in the den and if you survive to adulthood. You may return to the den permanently" Scar tells me. "Now we must all rest tomorrow is a new day" he tells everyone. Mother picks me up carrying me into the den where she laid down with Mary & Sarafina. Who had Nala and Tama we all fall into a restless sleep.

Me having a nightmare about father and brother's deaths. About how the last time I saw father we had an argument and the last time I saw Simba. He'd stayed behind to speak to father while Zazu took Nala and I home.

I woke up with tears running down my cheeks as I existed the den. I lay down and look up to the starry sky. "I'm so sorry Father I never meant to argue with you. Please watch over Simba and mother" I say before heading back to the den. Where I curled up into mother's side and fell into a restless sleep again.

A/N

Picture above of the pride after hearing the news of both Simba and Mufasa's death.