First Hunt as a Team

Aurora's POV

Aurora's POV

It was time for mine, Nala's and Tama's first official hunts. We each were going with a separate group of lionesses. There was four in mine and three in each of their own. After months of watching hunts we were about to lead our own separate hunts. It was water buffalo and wildebeest season. Mine being the bigger group were going after the water buffalo while the other two groups went for the wildebeest.

"So what's the plan?" Mary asks me as we watched the water buffalo herd. She was with me while mother was with Nala and Sarafina was with Tama.

"We flank out I approach the herd from behind and pick the target. Then I'll drive towards you and the others. Letting you know which target I have chosen by looking at it directly. We will separate it from the herd before over powering it to the ground. I'll then deliver the killing blow when it has stopped strangling" I explain.

"You really are Sarabi's daughter" Mary states with a smile.

"Let's do this, Mary please lead the others into position and await for my move" I tell her.

I went around the back of the herd silently and made sure they wouldn't be able to smell me. When I was in position I looked at the herd and locked in on an elder female buffalo. Females were known to be less aggressive then the males, unless they were defending their young. She looks to old to reproduce now, and has no calf near her. But she still looks strong, I know she won't go down easy.

I signaled the others letting them know I had picked a target as I closed in on the herd. Mary gave a nod signalling that they knew the target. That's when I pounced alerting the herd to my presences. They start to run away towards the others who join the chase as we separate the female from the herd.

Mary jumped on her back trying to use her full body weight to bring it down. It slowed the buffalo down for the others and I to catch up. We all add our body weight bringing it to the ground. However, it still strangled to stand up and fight. When I saw it was giving up I got ready to grab it's neck and kill it. Mary gave me the signal and I striked clapping down on the buffalo's throat. I didn't let go until it'd stopped breathing.

The others and I pulled back roaring our victory signalling the pride of our accomplishment. Mary took a chuck of meat and hid it for Sarafina later so that she can feed Mheetu. Soon Zira appeared with Scar and some of the hyenas. "You've done well Aurora, you may return to the den" Scar states. He then starts eating with Zira, then the hyenas ate after them. The left overs me and the others ate.

We then went to see how the others fared on the hunts and Mary carried the meat for Sarafina. We joined them at Nala's groups kill a wildebeest. "How'd your hunt go?" Tama asks after greeting her mother.

"It went well" I say shrugging and greet my mother purring happily.

"It went great, we took down a water buffalo. Aurora did an amazing job if I didn't know better Sarabi. I'd say you lead the hunt" Mary states. The others nod their heads in agreement.

"I suck, my team failed" Tama whines.

"You didn't fail Tama, you just need more patience before you pounce" Sarafina assures her. She thanked us for the meat and they all eat their fill. Meanwhile I went to the stream for a drink. Before going to the shade and laying down cleaning my paws.

"Oh one more thing we forgot" I states gaining everyone's attention. "Scar says I can return to the den" I say and they all cheer. "Wake me when it's time to go home" I tell them and take a cat nap.

A/N

Picture above of the rest of the hunting parties. Picture on external link of Tama. Picture's in chapter in order of Nala and Aurora.