"Take another step and I'll put them both down like the dogs that they are." He snarled.

"Oh it seems as though I hit a nerve!" Fay looked excited, she really was beginning to scare me. Within a heartbeat, her eyes were purple again and her smile vanished. With a sudden rush, she was there in front of him, claws extending as she aimed to slash his chest.

"Nijen!"Joshua's coat was shredded to ribbons on his chest but he managed to leap away before he received any real damage. The woman's eyes snapped open revealing pure white orbs. She raised her hands and as she did, thick green vines sprouted from the ground. The vines seemed to be alive as they tried to curl around us.

"This is insane!" I growled slashing at the vicious flora.

"Why are you running?" I could hear my mate taunting with blood lust in her voice. There were several gunshots but I was in no position to help. Daniel, Eliza, and Shawn charged at the witch who lowered then raised one hand again, and a wall of wolf's bane sprung up to protect her. Shawn stopped a second too late and he crashed into the wall. He howled in pain, dropping to the floor instantly. Lucio torched the wall before going to Shawn's aid. It was a heartbeat later, my legs were pulled out from under me and I was hung upside down by my ankles.

"I've had enough of this shit!" I slashed through the vines and charged at the woman, Alexander came from behind her. I pulled my gun out from my waistband and cocked it aiming straight for the witches head.

"Sitaki kuua wewe, mwana wa Esmeralda." She turned in my direction, speaking very quietly.

"What?"

"You must survive for her sacrifice. She knew you would end up being the key to your father's downfall, even if she wanted you to have a normal life."

"What are you talking about?" Esmeralda, how did this lady know her?

"You must survive!" She repeated. In the corner of my eye, I saw Joshua aim in our direction, the witch's vine launched me aside as a bullet hit her between the eyes.

"No!" I managed to choke out before crashing into a wall. The vines turned to ash as the witch's body dropped. I rushed over to her, praying that somehow she was still alive. "What about Esmeralda? How do you know my mom?!"

"If you want something done right-" Joshua began but his voice cut off with a gasp.

"I'm sorry, did I interrupt you again?" Fay snickered from behind him. Her hand had pierced through his heart and he choked on his own blood. "What nonsense were you going to spout this time?" Pure terror was written on his face before his eyes rolled back and he crumpled. The room went silent except for Shawn who was growling at Lucio who was trying to heal him. Fay stared at her hand cover with crimson, her bloodlust was probably trying to get the best of her. Many thoughts flashed across her eyes in conflict, and none seemed friendly.

"Fay, it's over..." I held my hands up and walked to her, but her eyes never left her hand. She felt cold and ruthless.

"We have to go!" Lucio insisted, Shawn was up and walking again. "Snap out of it!" Alexander snarled at the witch who glared silently. Eliza and Daniel couldn't even look at their friend.

'Mate.' I thought to her and her eyes flicked up to me. They recognized me, but didn't seem to register completely. 'Fay, we have to go. Trust me ok?' She nodded slowly and I took her hand. Her skin against mine normally felt borderline intoxicating, but in this state, she barely felt like my mate.

A gun cocked to our right; a guard on the verge of death raised his weapon with the little strength he had left. Fay snarled and bared her fangs at him, moving to go and end him. "Enough." I held her firmly, the more she killed, the more she seemed to lose control.