Chapter 3) Blessed by Aphrodite

Aletta p.o.v.

When I had walked into the class of US War History I felt an urge to use my unique power but I squashed that urge, because my eyes turned whatever the color of the thread I saw was, and handed the teacher my paper which he then promptly signed. Then he assigned me a seat next to a guy who, if I didn't know better, I would say was a son of or at least blessed by Aphrodite.

Before I sat down I had to tell three things about myself and then after talking to who I learned was named Jasper Hale we were asked which US war we wanted to learn most about. The Ares kids would've been able to give a play by play of these battles without learning about them in this class.

I raised my hand with three other kids and the teacher called on me. "Yes. Miss.Swan?"

"The Civil War." I was always fascinated my the Civil war. It was another thing that separated me from my maternal half-siblings, which I was glad for. They didn't understand my fascination with the era, but to make sure they didn't fall asleep when I talked about it I explained the confederate southern gentlemen and southern bells to entertain them while adding in the parts that involved actual history.

"You like the Civil War?" Jasper asked me.

"It is my favorite history subject. I used to talk about it so much back at camp to my half siblings they'd put ear plugs in just so they could get away from me. Sometimes when they couldn't fall asleep they'd have me start talking about it so they'd fall asleep, but because of that they subconsciously make references and use facts that I have said to them." I stated smiling smugly.

He smiled at me. The area between his eyebrows slightly scrunched together in pain. It was a strange expression but he was able to pull it off. "The Civil War is my favorite subject as well. I know almost everything about that war."

"Really?!" I asked really excited. My face probably showed as much. He nodded. "Oh. You have no idea how nice it is to hear that sometime else shares my love of that era! Even my cousins at camp who were practically raised by war couldn't understand my interest on that subject."

He smiled at me. He looked like he was trying to smile without showing his teeth. I smiled back my teeth barely showing from between my lips.

I looked over to the side Jasper wasn't on to see Jessica staring at Mike like a lovesick puppy. I mentally awed, my mind was buzzing. I wanted to so badly just walk up to them, grab their heads and smoosh them together saying, 'Now Kiss!' But they'd think I was weirder than before. Of course having a mother who was the biggest fangirl ever didn't exactly help.

I activated my unique power focusing on the thread between Mike and Jessica. Her half was full-blown dark pink his half was light pink they had a gold glow to them. She was in love with Mike and Mike had a crush on her, and the gold glow meant possible soulmates, but there another thread coming from Mike it was a lighter shade of pink going towards where I knew Bella was. I focused on the light pink half of thread that connected Mike and Jessica and I nudged it. It slowly turned a shade darker almost the dark pink of 'in love'. Mike turned to see Jessica staring at him and he smiled at her. I deactivated my special power with a barely there smug smile on my face.

Jasper p.o.v

After talking with Aletta I watched as she stared at Jessica and the Newton boy she had a look that if I had my brothers mind reading ability I probably would've heard her mentally scream for them to be together her emotions confirmed as much although they were still heavily coated with the happiness/lust/love/desire combo I first felt from her that still seemed to cover her other emotions in a blanket. Her face became a mischievous/determined/intense look and within seconds I felt the almost immediate shift in the Newton boys emotions from light crush to almost full blown love as he turned to look at Jessica. Aletta turned away with a small smug look on her face.

Could she feel and control emotions too? In order for her to do so while human would mean that she had a very strong talent, stronger than mine most likely.....but she didn't seem to feel the same pain I do from the overwhelming emotions.

We had an assignment given to us. Everyone had an assigned partner and they'd write a fictional story based off a historical war time period. It could be any point of view as long as it was in the time period and accurate in the actual war timeline that we chose.

I wasn't listening to the partners until it got to my name. "Jasper Hale you are paired with Aletta Swan." I looked up and nodded and Aletta turned to me.

"Well partner, why don't we do our paper on the Civil War?" She asked.

"That seems mighty fine ma'am." I replied with a small smile realising that the more time I spent in her presence the less I felt everyone else's emotions and became more in tune with hers. It had an instant calming effect on me.....her blood was still very alluring, but her calming aura of emotions dulled the burn in my throat, until I almost felt human again and I was able to relax slightly.

"Great!" She was really excited, I didn't have to tune into her emotions to know that, it was all over her face and the way she moved. "So I was thinking a tragic love story."

"Oh?" I prompted.

"Let's say it's 1862, a young couple was just recently married, he joins the army and she stays at home hoping beyond hope he'll make it home in one piece...." She starts and as she talked I wrote down everything she had said in case she wanted to change something later.

************************************************************************(Word Count: 1,051)

I finally updated! I hope you enjoy this chapter! I have decided to just do a time skip to the actual telling if their story part since its taking me so long....plus wattpad deleted the next chapter.