Chapter 2) Looking over a ledge but not falling

Edward p.o.v.

All I could hear in the thoughts of the students for the past week were thoughts of Isabella and Aletta Swan. Wondering what they looked like or in Alettas' case how she changed. I could hear people thinking about what they remembered her to look like and it was when she was around fifteen years old. She went to live at a Camp somewhere East and was homeschooled there for Freshman and Sophmore year but apparently she was coming in Senior class instead of Junior. I told my siblings about the two girls and Alice had a vision but it went by so fast I couldn't see what she saw and she wouldn't tell us what it was. She hugged her best friend Jasper. Neither had found their mate yet and both of them kept each other company as a way to deal with this fact. I hadn't found my mate either but I was fine with it that just meant one less soulless vampire in the world.

Jasper p.o.v.

I was sitting in U.S. War History, waiting for the bell to ring when a beautiful girl walked in. She had beautiful black hair that looked to be made of silk even with my enhanced sight, her eyes looked a mix of blue and green....like an aquamarine stone or the sea foam, her skin was a tad darker than fair but lighter than tan, and she looked to be about five feet tall maybe an inch or so taller. She radiated happiness, love, desire and lust.......it was almost overbearing but not quite there, like looking over a ledge but not falling. I quickly, vampire quick, looked around and realized the only seat left was the one next to me.

"You can sit next to Mr.Hale, raise your hand please." The teacher requested and I raised my hand.

When her eyes found me her scent did too. It took all my willpower not to jump up and attack her which would be even harder to do when she sat next to me. I sucked in one last breath and waited. She smiled at the teacher and walked towards me and before she sat down the teacher asked her to introduce herself and list three things she wanted everyone to know.

"My name is Aletta Andria Swan. I have an older half sister attending here with me named Isabella. I love to sing. And I have an affinity in love and matchmaking, if you need help in your love life come to me I'll get you a nice gent or gal." She smiled and sat down.

"Thank you Ms.Swan." The teacher said.

"Hello." I said using as little as possible air that I had in my lungs. "My name is Jasper Hale. And you're Aletta Swan?"

"Yep!" She said smiling. "It's nice to meet you Jasper!"

"Nice to meet you too ma'am." I replied.

"Ooh. Southern, let me guess.....Texas." She said.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"My mother is amazing in identifying accents and specifically of the accents I just inherited that quirk." She replied.

The teacher started the lesson. "Which U.S. War are you most excited to learn about?" He asked the class. Aletta raised her hand along with three other students out of the thirty-three of us. "Yes, Miss.Swan?" He asked.

"The Civil War." She said shocking me almost to the point of showing my shock either in a gasp or jumping in my seat....but I stopped myself as a gasp would make me draw in a breath and me jumping would look like I was in one place then another.

The other three said World War 2.

************************************************************************
(Word count: 626)

Vote and comment please.