Chapter 18: A Surprising Goodbye

*Kakashi's POV*

"So let me be the first to congratulate you on your pregnancy Veena Ezahiya, with Kakashi Hatake's child." The words kept on echoing in my head. A child...we were having a child. Maybe I should have been feeling something, happiness, joy, excitement, but all those feelings were replaced by just one, fear.

The masked man spoke, "Although, it's not like your child will be brought into this world anyway no. But you will all be able to live your life freely within the Infinite Tsukuyomi. This fighting is pointless. We will all die one day. Whether it is today, or a few years into the future. But let me tell you one thing, with the Infinite Tsukuyomi, there doesn't have to be any bad. You can live on inside your dreams. You can be happy. You can be, young forever, be reunited with your parents, and you can raise your child safely without any threats." He said.

Veena's hand was still on her stomach and she could not process what was happening. "You're wrong." She muttered. I looked over at her, her eyes closed but chakra going to her fists until they started glowing gold. She opened her eyes and the light from her eyes were almost piercing. It was a form I had never seen before, and she blinked and appeared right behind Tobi and tried to punch the back of his head and he actually went flying, but he regained his composure. "Careful now." Tobi started, "If you continue to use chakra like that, what will go to the baby huh? I've heard that with the power that your family has, the child will need a steady flow at all times. You can feel it can't you? The baby?" He said.

Why didn't I notice though? Why didn't she notice either. I mean, how could she not? How long had it been...I wonder. More importantly, how did Tobi know?

Before I had any time to think about what was happening, the tailed beast started screaming, and before anybody realized what was happening, it raise its arm and was approaching Veena. It all seemed to be happening in slow motion in my eyes. She turned around to see what was happening, I started to run towards her, and Tobi disappeared.

Before I could even process what was happening, the Ten Tails had made physical contact with Veena and had sent her flying, and she didn't have time to process it either. Her body almost looked lifeless now as I saw it soar through the sky. Blood. Blood rained through where she was and I watched it fall to the ground. It was a true scene out of a horror movie. There was screaming. Maybe it was my own voice, but I couldn't hear it over the shout of rage exploding through my head. I heard a voice call out to me, Guy maybe, and he went to goo get her.

Eleven seconds. That is how long it had lasted in reality. To me, it was an eternity. I turned around and I looked at Tobi who even though was behind a mask, did not seem unpassed in any way. But only spoke, "Being the jinchuuriki of the ten tails, does not mean that I control its actions. It does what it sees fit." He said.

I couldn't manage to say anything, but instead I activated my kamui, "I'm going to get rid of this beast once and for all." I told him. "You better be prepared." I made my way up on to the Eight Tails and activated my kamui. I was about to rip this beast to shreds, and I don't care if I went down with it. This was going to end now.

*Veena's POV*

The last thing I remember was being thrown, flying through the air, al while there was a sharp pain in my stomach. The energy that was flowing through me was gone, and at that very instant I regretted it all, becoming a ninja, falling in love both times, being intimate with Kakashi, getting pregnant, trying to fight after I found out I was pregnant. Who would do such a stupid thing.

I couldn't open my eyes, I was somewhere else now. "Wake up." I heard a voice, "Please wake up. Don't give up!" I tried opening my eyes, but I barely could, "Just a little bit more now." The world around me was hazy, but beautiful, it had pink, blue, and purple hues around it.

I saw a child in front of me. Probably standing at 1 foot. It was impossible to tell whether it was a boy or a girl. But it held my hand. "You are so beautiful. I am so happy that we get this one chance of meeting." Immediately I realized what was going on and tears threatened the corners of my eyes, and it touched my hand, "Please don't cry...Mom."

Hearing that really set me over the limit, I couldn't stop the tears from falling and I was shaking. I wanted to do something to make it comfortable. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to say. Was this real, was it an illusion? I just didn't know. I still went along with it though, what else was I supposed to do.

"We have been together for about three months now, but I think you only just realized it now, otherwise you never would have been so reckless. You are running very low on chakra. The problem is that, you would be okay right now if it weren't for me. So I've decided that it is better for you to live instead of having us both die."

I couldn't say anything, all I could do was listen and cry and I felt like the most useless person in the entire world. "I know that you have a very good heart. Your heart is very warm, and when you love someone you would do anything for them. That is how you are with my father. My father makes you happy, I can feel your heartbeat rising whenever you see him from a distance, and whenever he is with you, I can feel you at peace. When we are all together, I feel warm. I feel happy. Even now, I feel warm." It said.

Lights started shining and the soul...I guess that's what it was, the soul of my wood be child stepped back, "I have to go now. You will be okay now. I will not be a burden to you anymore. I just want to tell you to keep fighting please. We haven't been together long, but I will always be watching over you and Papa. And maybe one day we will all be together."

Just as quickly as the light had shone, it began to slip into darkness.