Chapter 5: Pull Down my Mask

We left off at:Kakashi put his shirt back on. "Let me get started on your head." I said to him. Kakashi just nodded. I grabbed a new piece of cotton and got started on his forehead. My face was close to his and I was scared to breathe. My mouth rubbed a bit against Kakashi's mask, "Hey" he started, "Do you..."

I pulled back a little bit, "Ah, sorry, that probably made you feel really uncomfortable right? I'm sorry, you were probably going to ask me to pull back anyways."

Kakashi shook his head, "Actually, what I was going to ask was, do you maybe have feelings for me?"

I froze in my spot and I felt my face burning, "I mean, I don't know if I have feelings yet, I – I barely know you. Sometimes I feel like there's something there, but I'm not really sure." I told him.

"Do you, maybe want to find out?" He asked me standing up. I could tell that he was just as nervous as I was because his voice was shaking and he was sweating a little bit.

My heart was in my throat and I did not know how to respond, "I don't know what to say...I want to say yes, but I just don't know how to handle this. I'm afraid." I sat down on the bed on my side. "I don't want to be in something that's short lived. The life of a shinobi is difficult. There are so many losses, and I don't know if I could lose any more people I'm close to."

He came over to me, "Hey, that isn't going to happen." He crouched down to meet me at eye level, "If I knew that you were there waiting for me, every day, I would never be reckless, and coming back to you is a mission that I would always have to see through."

I grabbed his face and my thumbs circled the side of his face, "I want that, but I want the both of us to also not get distracted and try to protect everybody in the village. I've never had anyone important in my life in a very long time. I can be mean sometimes, and I don't know how to handle situations. I don't even know what I'm feeling right now. Do you?" I asked him.

"No, but I know it feels right...for me right now. Does it feel right for you?" He asked me.

I brought my face close to his, "It feels right for now. But if something happens, I don't want there to be any regrets." I breathed on to his mask, so very closely.

He put his fingers on my face, "There will be no regrets." He told me pausing for a moment. "Pull down my mask."

My eyes went wide, but this seemed serious. "Are you sure?" I asked him.

"How else could I kiss you?" He asked. I gulped and his eye twinkled with excitement.

I pulled down the mask slowly, well both of them. I got off the bed and I sat on the floor, and Kakashi was on his knees. First I saw his nose. It was so cute, and everything I imagined. I continued to pull the mask down slowly with caution and I saw blush in his cheeks. I pushed closer into him forcing him to sit and put his hands down for support. My legs were spread between his own legs. "Just let me know when to stop." I whispered.

"Don't stop." He told me, as both his hands reached for my hair. I continued to pull down his mask and I saw his upper lips. Clean shaved. I pulled the mask down even slower to reveal his lips, they were beautiful and thin, they also looked really soft. His jaw line was so sharp and he had a beauty mark on the left side of his face right below his lips.

"You're so beautiful." I muttered under my breath.

"You're the beautiful one." He told me. "With your hair a little bit of a mess, your cheeks flushed, and your eyes sparkling. I love your eyes, the most." He gently pressed his lips against one of my eyes. "Next would have to be your cheeks and how red they are." He kissed my cheek next. "And then there are your lips. Slightly parted, and they look so soft." He said.