Chapter 13: Promise Me

*Kakashi's POV*

I was hardly drunk. Veena had been exaggerating. I was just a little bit tipsy. That sake was much stronger than I expected it to be and I barely drank more than half the bottle. I lay down for a while looking up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and I thought about the war.

I planned out strategies, and what I would do if we were losing. I thought about my sensei, my father, and Obito. I thought about everything and everyone who had been a victim of war, of the Akatsuki. Sensei's was probably the hardest to witness.

I stood by, and I did nothing. Absolutely nothing. I wasn't able to stop it, they wouldn't let me go and help him. I watched with the sharingan as Sensei tried so hard, with every last breath to save the village, to protect all of us. I watched the nine tails, kill him mercilessly along with his wife. I watched all of this, and I wasn't able to do anything.

Then there was Obito...Obito who was my best friend. He gave his life to protect me. Obito reminded me of Veena. Sometimes a little bit ditzy, but a strong ninja who will always put everybody first before herself. I smiled to myself.

There was a knock at the door, "Come in!" I yelled. I looked at the time, and I think I had fallen asleep.

"Sorry to bother you but I've brought dinner! Oh...it's you Mr. Hidden Leaf." Said the woman earlier from the café today.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her sitting up.

"I work here in the evenings." She said rolling a cart over to me, "I didn't know that you would be staying here." She said, "But that makes me very glad." She smiled.

I knew that this woman was flirting with me, but I also knew how to control myself, and I knew how not to give into temptation. "So what is there for dinner?" I asked her.

"I have brought you some miso soup with eggplant." She said.

I smiled from ear to ear, but obviously she wasn't able to see that. "Miso soup with eggplant is my favorite." She brought it over to me and just as she was bringing it over she spilled some on me.

She set the miso soup down on the tray and started rubbing me with a napkin, "I'm so sorry! I've never been this clumsy before!" she apologized.

"It's okay. I'll just clean myself up then." I told her, but she wouldn't let go and eventually she put her finger on my chin.

"Hey, why don't you take those clothes off and I'll just take care of you." She winked. I froze not knowing what to do and I heard the door open.

"Kaka" I couldn't bring myself to look up, because I knew how bad this looked. I knew the voice all too well, and I know what would happen next. I heard the door slam shut and I scrambled out of my bed.

"What the hell. Why are you hitting on people that are staying here?" I asked her. She looked at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry...I just thought that you also had an interest in me, at the restaurant...I just, I wanted to see you again." She said to me, "I didn't think that you had someone, at the restaurant it didn't seem like you two were together. The way you were looking at me, I just thought."

"It was nothing. I don't have anybody in my life at the moment but that doesn't mean that I'm interested in you either. I don't have time for this right now. I am here on an important mission, and thanks to you, I may have lost the trust with my proxy commander." I got up and left. "Pleases shut the door behind you when you leave."

I walked around looking for Veena's room before seeing Shikamaru sitting alone with a shogi bored, "Hey Shikamaru, have you seen Veena sensei?" I asked him.