Chapter 2: Tears After 13 Years

I struggled to breathe, "Do your worst." I told him.

"As you wish." Pain softly said.

I closed my eyes as I prepared for my brutal and painful death. I readied myself and I knew it was over. The rod that had originally been meant for Iruka was about to be shoved into my gut now. Just as it was about to be shoved into my stomach I heard a clang. I activated the ryakugan and opened my eyes slowly. "Kakashi!" my eyes went wide as I saw the silver-haired ninja with his exposed sharingan.

"So you're the one who came into our village, created a huge diversion, and gathered information from the shadows like this?" Kakashi asked him. He simply looked at me. "Let her go. Your battle is with me."

Pain let go of my throat and I jumped back and landed on my feet. I coughed a little bit and got back up. In the meantime, Kakashi used an earth style mud wall and prepared to launch at Pain. Pain readied another rod and quickly shoved it into Kakashi's shoulder. Kakashi pushed Pain back against the mud wall. "Kakashi Hatake the copy ninja..." Pain started, "Where is the Nine Tails jinchuriki?" he asked.

"The people of this village are different." Kakashi began, "They would never sell out a comrade to anyone, especially the liked of you the Akatsuki." He told pain. "Lightning blade!" Kakashi yelled as he aimed for Pain's head while pushing him up against the wall. There was no way that Pain would be able to dodge it. But once Kakashi launched, Pain made it look easy to evade the ninjutsu.

Kakashi jumped back again, "Now, where is Naruto Uzumaki?" Pain asked him again.

"That's a stupid question." Kakashi told him. He activated his lightning blade again and prepared to launch at Pain again, but Pain just slightly raised his brows and Kakashi was sent flying back.

"No!" I yelled as I ran behind Kakashi wrapping my arms around his torso as I was also caught in the impact. Kakashi's mud wall was knocked down and we were headed straight towards a building. I wrapped my arms tighter around him as I prepared for my back to connect with the building, and once it did there was an explosion and we were falling fast. The buildings surrounding collapsed and they were now on top of us. My arms were still wrapped around Kakashi's.

"Hey are you okay?" Kakashi asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, but the village has taken quite a toll. What was that jutsu though?" I asked him.

"It felt different from a blast wave, but he was at the center of the blast. How are we still alive right now?" he asked me.

"Before we fell, I used my ryakugan to create an ice barrier." I told him. I took my arms off of him and jumped through the ice barrier, and he followed behind me. "Try using a ninjutsu against him. A long range attack would work best." I told him.

Kakashi nodded, "Lightning beast!" Kakashi yelled letting out a string of lightning forming into beasts that attacked right at Pain. Pain completely evaded the attack. "Ninjutsu doesn't work on him either!" Kakashi said.

I was about to say something when another guy landed down. "Another one?" I thought. This time this pain ripped his arm off and set off explosions. I got behind the bald guy and Kakashi went for the other Pain. It was quick and they shouldn't have been able to dodge it, but they did and they jumped to the middle together.

"Their eyes are connected." Kakashi warned me. "Whatever one of them sees, the other one sees too." He warned me. Suddenly the other Pain started to form another head and he took his coat off and 6 arms erupted from his body and a blade from his back, then Pain opened up his hand and suddenly I was being forced towards him.