𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

In the giant ballroom, people were dancing in pairs, others were either standing off to the side and chattering or just being a wallflower. Behind a curtain, stood N/N, scanning through the crowds off people dancing, trying to find somebody. Lillian appeared behind Y/N.

"He's not there." Lillian states, letting her presence known to her granddaughter.

Y/N looks back at her. "Oh, I know he's not— He— Who's not there grandma?" Y/N asks, playing innocent.

"A remarkable young man... Who found a music box." Lillian explains, as she stands to the left of y/N pulling the curtain to the side.

"No, he's probably too busy spending his reward money as fast as he can." Y/N assumes, as she shrugs it off.

"Look at them dance." Lillian changed the subject, as she gestured to the people dancing in front of them. "You were born into this world of glittering jewels and fine titles, but I wonder if this is what you really want."

"Of course." Y/N answers quickly. "Of course it is. I found what I was looking for. I found out who I am. I found you."

"Yes, you did find me— and you will always have me —" She pulls her into a hug. "But is it enough?" She pulls away, as he looked her in the eye. "My darling, he didn't take the money."

"He didn't?" Y/N asks, disbelief in her voice as she looks confused.

"Knowing that you are alive, seeing the women you have become... Brings me joy I never thought I could feel again." Lillian explains, as she plants a kiss on Y/N's forehead, before walking out through the curtain, leaving Y/N alone, but before Lillian could fully leave, she said, "Whatever you choose, we will always have each other."

"Grandmama, can you tell them that—" She turned around, to see the curtains closing and sighs.

She opens the curtains once again, and peeks through, hearing talking. She went to step through the curtain, but she couldn't.

She heard barking and yapping, and turned around to see Copper running through the halls. "Copper?"

She sees Tod exciting out the doors that led to the garden outside, and quickly followed after him. She could still hear the barking and the yapping. "Copper!" She shouts, as she saw him run into the maze. She stood at the entrance, and walked in. "Copper." What she didnt see was the entrance closing behind her, and the gargoyles eyes lighting red.