𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

_Jacks Pov_
"We don't have anything to be nervous about." I say, looking at Ralph who was pacing back and forth at the bottom of the steps of the theater. "She's the Princess."

"I know, I know." Ralph says, as he sits by me.

"No, no." I say, tired as I stand up. "No, you don't know." I think, should I tell him or not? "I was the boy in the palace— the one who opened the wall." I lean down and whisper, "She's the real thing, Ralph."

I see Ralph's eyes widen in amazement as I look at him. He's mouth was agape. "That means our N/N... Has found her family." He stands up and places a hand on my shoulder. "We have found the heir to the Russian throne, and you—" I cut him off before he could finish.

"Will walk out of her life forever." I walk away from his hand.

"But—"

"Princesses don't marry kitchen boys." I snap, looking at him.

"I know, but—"

"We're going to go through with this as if nothing changed." I state, turning to face him.

He stepped closer to me, arms length away. "You've got to tell her."

"Tell me what?"

I snap my head behind me to see my Snowflake, standing with a green coat with white fur covering her S/C body, her hair in a different hair style.

"Uh— How—" I couldn't speak, memorized by her beauty. "How beautiful you look."

"Well, thank you." N/N says, smiling softly at me.

I offer her my arm, and she takes it and we start walking up the steps, Ralph and Rapunzel behind us.

Inside the building, I hand my coat and hat to one of the help. I look up, and see the most beautiful thing in front of me.

N/N was wearing a dark blue dress, with a sparkly fabric behind her, with white gloves decorating her arms. I stare, mouth agape before I shake my head and head up the stairs to her side. I run past Ralph and Rapunzel, and stand by N/N.

I take a seat by her in the auditorium. I take out the looking glass, and put it against my eyes. I look through it to see Lillian. "Look, there she is." I whisper, passing the binoculars to N/N.

"Please let her remember me." I hear her whisper.

The play starts, but I noticed that N/N's eyes were just on the Empress in the beginning. As it moved on, I noticed that N/N was twisting a piece of paper in her hands. I look down, to see her ripping paper. I shake my head, and grabbed her gloved hand, holding it in mine.

I lean her close to me, and whisper, "Everything's going to be fine." I look at her and she nods and turns her attention back to the play.

After awhile, the play had ended. "Come on. Guess it's time."

We were walking through the hall, side by side.

"Oh!" I head her, and I turn to see her leaving.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey." I quickly catch her, and spin her back around. "Deep breath. Everything's gonna be fine." We make it to the door, and I stop her. "Wait here for just a moment. I'll go introduce you properly."

I see her give a small nod, and I start to walk to the door when, "Jack."

I turn back toward her. "Yes?"

"Look, we've been through a lot together." She trailed off, and I nod my head for her to continue a smile on my lips. "And I just wanted to—"

"Yes?"

"Well— Thank you, I guess. Yes, thank you for everything."

My smile Falters as I turn back to the door. I turn around quickly. "N/N, I—"

"Yes?"

"I'm— I, uh—"

"Yes?"

She steps closer to me, and I start to panic but mentally.

"I want to wish you good luck, I guess." I stick my hand out, and she grips it and shakes it. "Good luck. Well, here it goes." I step away, and open the door and step through.

What I didn't know, that it didn't close all the way.

"Please inform her majesty, the Dowager Empress, that I have found her granddaughter, the Grand Duchess Y/N." I speak loudly to Rapunzel. "She's waiting to see her just outside the door."

"I'm very sorry, young man, but the Dowager Empress, she will see no one." She threw me a wink, and I smile.

"You may tell that impertinent young man that I have seen enough Grand Duchess Y/N to last me a lifetime."

"You'd better go." Rapunzel says, pushing me back.

"Please, let me just—" I insist, pushing past Rapunzel.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I wish to live out the remainder of my lonely life in peace." Lillian declares, looking back at me with a spiteful look.

"Oh." Rapunzel slowly panics. "I'll see you to the door." She closes the maroon colored curtains. "Come, come now. Come to the door." She let's out a nervous laugh as she heads to the door quickly.

I turn back to the maroon curtains and part through them and close it behind me.

"You majesty, I intend you no harm." I go to sit by her in the chair as Lillian looks at me. "My name is Jack. I used to work at the Palace."

"Well, that's one I haven't heard, I must say." She gets up and throws down her papers.

I hurry and stand up. "Wait! Don't go, please. If you'll just hear me out." I block her path.

"I know what you're after. I've seen it before—" She points a finger at me as she pushes past me. "Men who train young women the royal ways." I see her pull a string.

"But if your highness will just listen—"

"Haven't you been listening?" She says, as she grows more angry. "I've had enough. I don't care how much you have fashioned this to look like her, sound like her or act like her. In the end, its never her." She walks away from me.

"This time it is her." I insist, following after her.

"Jack— I've heard of you. You're that conman from St. Petersburg who was holding auditions to find an Y/N lookalike."

"But, you're Grace, we've come all the way from Russia just to see—"

"And others have come from Timbuktu." Shd sits on the couch as I get on my knees in front of her.

"Its not that. Its not what you think." I place my hand on her closed fist.

"How much pain will you inflict on an old women for money?" She stands up, as I follow her. "Remove him at once!"

"But she is Y/N, I'm telling you!" I cry as the security guards grab a hold of me. "She's the Grand Duchess. If you'll only speak to her, you'll see!"

Finally, the threw me out of the room, in front of N/N or Y/N. I look up, and see N/N, with anger and disbelief on her face.

"It was all a lie, wasn't it?"