"Sure."

~ ~ ~

Mr. Collins and I decide to go to the café on campus, sitting in the corner by the window. The café on campus is quite calm – it's in one of the older buildings. It's built from brick, the inside is very calming, dark wooden tables and dim lighting, the aroma of coffee and baked goods fill the air.

We've been sitting in silence for quite some time. I don't know what to say to him. I only came because I didn't want to be rude and was hoping he would ease up on the grading.

"Is everything alright?" He asks, his blue eyes watching my every movement. I nod, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Everything is fine." I reply slowly.

"Why is your grade slipping in my class Ms. Augustine? You're usually pretty good about picking up the grade." He explains. I don't know how to answer his questions.

"I've just had a lot on my plate this past week." I explain in a level tone – hoping he can't see through my half-truth. It wasn't a complete lie, I had a lot on my plate this week. From Zayn asking me to be his to Derek – my week has been mentally draining me.

Mr. Collins looks at me suspiciously before drinking from his coffee. I don't drink my late, I simply hold the smooth porcelain in my hands.

"You look tired, have you been having trouble sleeping?" He nods towards me – examining me in a way I imagine a doctor to. I narrow my eyes at him, what was he trying to figure out?

"I um... Just been really distracted." Granted I haven't slept much since Sunday night with Zayn. It was hard to fall asleep without him holding me right now. My thoughts and fears would always accumulate in my mind when I tried to sleep.

"Right a lot on your plate." He quips back at me with a snort. I stare at him with confusion and slight anger. Why was he asking me these things? What is he getting at? None of it is his business.

"Yes." I quietly agree.

"Okay... So what are the bruises from?" My eyes shoot up from the table and I stare at him with wide eyes. He watches me still – not a readable expression on his face. He couldn't have seen my bruises, no one has.

"I uh..." I glance down at my sleeves, which are barely covering the bruises on my wrists. I pull my sleeves down and shake my head. "Just uh... falling." I lie. Falling? God I was an idiot if I think he'll buy that.

"This wouldn't have to do with Mr. Malik would it?" I glare at him from the insinuation in his tone. "You two have been getting closer... And he hasn't been in class all week, has he-"

"No." I interrupt Mr. Collins with a sharp answer. Zayn hurt me? He could never do a thing – maybe mentally bombard me with rude insults but never physically. "This has nothing to do with him."

"Ms. Augustine I'm concerned about your well being." He explains. I glance around the café and shake my head. I had to get Mr. Collins to stop asking questions I couldn't answer.

"Frankly Mr. Collins I think it is inappropriate for you to ask a student to coffee and ask her about her personal life. Now if you don't mind I am going back to my dorm room. Thank you for the coffee." I say with rushed words, picking up my stuff and leaving the café before he can stop me.

I don't go back to my dorm so instead I go to my car and drive to the frat house. If Zayn isn't there I will check his aunt's. He was avoiding me or missing – both possibilities didn't seem good.

I get out of the car when I park it outside the house. The October air has been getting colder with every day – nearing the end of October. The sun was slowly being over taken by the gray clouds every day.