--

The next afternoon Erin and I met up at the same time and place. Going over homework problems and concepts that were foreign to her.

"Can we take a break." She whined. What a lazy cow. Her attention span is that of a toddler.

"We have only been here for 13 minutes." I said.

"That was still a lot."

"Just explain to me the concept of acids in conjugate pairs."

Erin sighed in frustration. "When the acid...that's H-A?" I nodded and she continued. "when it loses a proton it forms a base which is A minus and when that accepts a proton back again it reforms the acid H-A and that makes the two a conjugate pair."

"Exac-" I was cut off by the sound of a girl's voice.

"Erin? What are you doing here? With her.?" A girl with bleach blonde hair wearing an olive skirt with a white top was standing in front of our table. I had seen her around school a couple times, but I didn't even know her name.

Erin looked uncomfortable for a second. "Oh.. hey Sharon..we..well we were just studying together." She stuttered as she lied. Erin had mentioned to me before how she wanted to keep our sessions lowkey so people didn't know how dumb she was and how embarrassing it would be for her to be tutored, especially by a black person.

I spoke up. "Oh studying? That's what this is? Last time I checked you were failing chemistry and needed my help. I am not the one studying. You are. Don't get it twisted." I looked up at Sharon, and said "And next time, mind your own business." Sharon scoffed and turned and walked away.

"Wow, why are you such a-" Erin began and I cut her off.

"Stop complaining." I snapped.

"What does Ben even see in you?"

"Well, for one, I have actual boobs. Hm let's see I have a brain. I'm not a slut."

"I'm not a slut either."

"I have observed otherwise."

"Your brother Cameron wanted me so bad." She said and I nearly gagged.

"Yeah which explains why he's dating you right now, right? Oh..wait..." Erin shut up fast. "You try way too hard. Clearly guys know you're easy and take advantage of that." I said.

Erin looked down at the table and fidgeted with her pencil. "That's not true." She said quietly.

"You spread open your legs more than your textbooks..." I said and there was an awkward silence.

Erin began, "Ben....I really liked him, a lot. Seeing you two together now, I don't know. He just never looked at me the way he looks at you. He never kissed me the way he kisses you."

I was slightly disturbed at the fact that she even knows how Ben and I kiss. She really was pathetic. Being a hoe can't be that stressful.

"Do I look like a diary or a therapist to you?" I asked. "Quit telling me about your feelings."

Erin looked at me confused. "You're really mean."

"I know. I don't care. I also don't care about your sad love life and we will not talk about Ben or anyone else during tutoring. Got it?"

She sighed. "Whatever, fine."

She is so annoying.

--

I walked home from school and as I was passing Taylor's house saw her step mom unloading groceries out of her car. I already knew she didn't like me so I didn't acknowledge her, but the most surprising thing happened.