Chapter 12

''Bobby can't find anything in the books.'' Dean, sorry, agent Young sighed as he sat across the table from Sam aka agent Agnus. ''I don't think this is something we've seen before Dean, I mean it looks like some sort of monster, but nothing fits the exact MO.''

''Man this is some weird shit in this town.'' Dean sighed, ''That Detective Burkhardt is kinda weird. Their captain is even creepier... Hey, at least Detective Gibbs is hot.''

Sam glared at his brother, ''Really Dean? The only thing you notice about her is that she is hot? She obiviously has a secret of her own.''

''Yeah, but I just think it is something tragic, not supernatural. Maybe she needs to spend a night with me to be cheered up.'' Sam rolled his eyes at his older brother's behaviour. ''I think we need to do some research on Detective Burkhardt, something is off about him.''

''You're right, let's do it.''

//

They were parked outside Nick's house, waiting for something to happen. ''You think this guy can be the killer?'' Dean glanced at his taller, but younger brother, ''No, but he knows more than he lets on.''

''I talked to Garth, he isn't a hunter. At least not one we have heard of..''

They both lowered in their seats as they saw a car stop in front of Nick's house, they recognized the car as Hank's. They saw Nick rush out of his house over to Hank's car and Nick got in.

''What the hell are they up to?'' Sam just shrugged as he saw the car move out of the street. Dean started his car and followed them.

//

''What the hell.'' Dean said as he pulled over his car. ''This is were Elena lives.''

''The daughter? The one that survived?'' Sam asked. ''No the dead one Sammy, what do you think?''

They got out of the car the same time as Hank and Nick did a couple of meters away from them. ''Hey!'' Dean ran up to them, ''What the hell do you think you're doing?'' Dean noticed the crossbow in Nick's hands. ''What are you doing with that?!''

"Agent Young? Agent Agnus?" Hank looked at the siblings in shock. "How did you-"

"We followed you, I knew the-" Dean was cut off by Nick who had clear anger in his voice, "I don't care what you did, you need to leave for you're own safety."

"Why? So you can go kill Elena? With that crossbow of yours?! She did nothing wrong!"

"Look agent Young, it is very hard to explain, but she killed her family."

"What?! No-"

"You need to leave."

"What kind of a hunters are you?" Sam spoke up.

"What? Hunters? Look I don't have time for this. You need to leave." Nick glanced at Elena's house, hoping they had been quite enough not to alarm her.

"I don't believe that Elena did it. We are going in there with you." Nick nodded his head, cleary frustrated with agent Young and walked up to the house. He handed Hank his crossbow and he crouched down to pick the lock of Elena's house.

Once he unlocked the door he grabbed the crossbow from Hank's hands and marched into the house.

It was dark and Nick could barely see. As he went to grab his flashlight he got picked up from the ground and thrown across the room.

"What the fu-" Dean got thrown across the room as well and fell down next to Nick. The lights got turned on and he looked up at what had thrown him.

He recognised her as Elena, but here face was different, like that of a monster.

Sam had no hesitation attacking her with the blade he had taken with him. She grabbed his arm and twisted it in a painful angle and threw him into his older brother, who was trying to stand up.

Hank fired his shotgun at her, but with no luck. However when a small arrow flew from behind Hank and into Elena's chest she fell down to the ground and her face turned back to her normal looks.

Nick walked over to her and crouched down next to her, "Why did you kill them?"

Tears were streaming down Elena's face, "I couldn't control it."

And her heart stopped beating.

//

"So you can see these... Wesen?"

"Yeah, I can."

Dean glanced at his brother, "And I thought we were weird Sammy." Sam glared at his brother for calling him that, but still nodded in agreement.

Nick had told them about his.. ability and they told him about their... hunting job.

"So angels and demons, heaven and hell, the devil.. it's all real?" Hank asked Sam.

"Yes, very real."

"Does detective Gibbs know about this?" Dean asked Nick as they slowly strolled away from the other two men. "No, she doesn't and I intend to keep it that way for a while"

"That seems unfair, leaving her out like this." Dean sighes, "But I get it, it's for her own safety. So what are you gonna tell her?"

"I don't know. Maybe that you and Sam figured it out and that you took Elena down youself?"

"Okay fine. But you can't keep this up forever."

"I know."

Dean held out his hand to Nick, "It was good working with you Mister Grimm." Nick smiled and shook Dean's hand. "If we ever have a wesen problem we'll call you."

"And I will do it the other way around."