Chapter 8

George took the back of the warehouse with a few S.W.A.T man, Aaron took one of the side entrances, Kyla the other side entrance and I took the front. I signaled for the people that were with me to be quiet as I listened to what happened inside. I couldn't hear much, but I heard a few things like,

'Kill the cop'

'More of them out there'

'Should've finished it'

'Kill the others'

I put my finger onto the earpiece deciding I had heard enough. ''On three.'' I whispered and I heard several 'Okay'. I silently counted with my team. As we reached one we barged through the doors of the old warehouse yelling, ''SCOTLAND YARD. DROP YOUR WAPONS.''

But like you can expect, they didn't drop the weapons. They started to shoot at us. Some other men and I hid behind a couple of barrels and I looked between a gap to see if we could shoot safely. I nod to the men next to me and we put our guns on top of the barrels and we started to shoot at them. I heard 2 guys straight in the chest and I decided to carfully move further.

One of the guys thought that he would be smart enough to attack me from behind, but I was faster I turned around and hit him on the head with the gun knocking him out. I smirked and turned back. One man was about to shook Aaron, but I shot him instead staight in the head.

I noticed Brent was trying to escape so I decided to follow him. I ran over the barrels and I was trying not to get shot and succeeding with that I ran outside after Brent. ''BRENT LOUIS, STOP WALKING RIGHT NOW.'' He turned around and pointed his gun at me. I first shot his right shoulder and he dropped the gun and before he could run away I shot him in the leg making him fall to the ground.

I ran over to him and kicked the gun further away from him. I rolled him over onto him stomache making him groan ever more in pain. I put is hands behind is back and cuffed him. I pulled him up by his cuffs and walked back towards the warehouse, noticing they had stopped shooting.

Kyla and the others grinned as they saw me walking in with Brent. ''So what did I miss?''

*

On our ride back to Scotland Yard Kyla told me that the actual shooter was shot and killed by her. At the precinct I handed Brent over to an officer that I know from my time here his name was Wesley Archer. He smiled at me and walked away with Brent.

''GIBBS!'' I turned and saw Captain Brown signaling for me to come over. As I reached him he offered me a smile. ''Good job, Detective.'' He told me and extended his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand and smiled back, ''It was a pleasure, sir.'' He let go of my hand. ''When are you going back to Portland?''

''After Mike wakes up and I am sure that he is okay.''

''Well, then you should go to the hospital now. He just woke up. Take the rest of the team with you.'' I nod and handed him the badge and the gun. He only grabbed the gun from my hand. I looked at him confused and he spoke, ''The badge still belongs to you. Keep it.'' I grinned and put my badge back on my belt. ''Thank you sir.''

''Now get your ass over to the hospital.''

I turned to walk away and turned my phone back on as I did so. I saw that I had a missed call from Burkhardt from around the time we went into the warehouse. It is 9 PM here so it is around 1 PM there. Maybe I will call him back after my visit at the hospital.

*

I decided to first let the twins, Harrold and Kyla visit Michael. Harrold was the last of them to have his own time with Mike, so when he came out he told me to go in. I nod at the grey haired man and went in. ''Hey Mike.'' I told them as I walked in. ''Hey Mel.'' I walked closer to him and he continued to speak, ''Kyla told me that you came back here from Portland to help. Thank you.''

''Mike, you don't have to thank me, we will always be a team.'' I sighed, ''How are you?''

''I'm tired and this hurts like a bitch.'' He chuckled slightly and closed his eyes for a brief moment. ''I will let you get some rest then.'' He gave me a small smile, ''Will you still be here in England when I wake up?''

''I will stay here for about 3 days before I go back.'' He nod, ''Thank you again, Melody.''

''Not a problem, Mike.'' I walked towards the door, ''Sleep wel, buddy.''

*

I stood outside the hospital and dialed Burkhardt's number. ''Hey Burkhardt.'' I told him as he picked up. ''Hey Gibbs. How are you?''

''I'm good, we got the men who did this. Michael will be okay too. I will return in 3 days. Can you tell the Captain that?''

''Okay.''

''You guys got any cases back there?''

''Yeah we have one. A woman got her throat ripped out.'' I let out a small 'Yikes' and he continued. ''We're still working on an ID, so we've got no suspects.''

''Okay, well I wish you guys luck.''

''Thanks.''

''Bye Burkhardt.''

''Bye Gibbs.''