Chapter 18

170605

***

"But I think it really happened to kill Taeyong." Taeyong said while gripping the folder he's holding.

My forehead knotted. I looked at him intently in the eyes, "What do you mean?"

He sighed and opened the folder. He went me and showed some printed photos on a bond paper. The photos looked like screen shots from a video.

"This is the crossing where the accident happened." He showed me the clear photo of a crossing. There ain't any signs of an accident there. Yet. "This guy..."

He pointed out a guy standing with the pedestrians with his phone on his ear. My eyes widened as I saw the familiar man. I covered my gaping mouth as I slowly remember where I first encountered this guy.

"You seem to know him." Taeyong stated in a monotonous tone. I nodded in response.

"He's with the group that attacked me and Bad-yong." That night where Bad-yong got beaten so hard.

"I know. If you'll notice, he's somewhat standing on the corner, having a view of the highway from here," he pointed the direction of the highway that the photo can't view, "here," he pointed the opposite direction of the highway, "and here." Then he pointed the highway that is seen in the photo. "He has a view of all directions."

I nodded. I'm slowly getting it. I heaved a sigh to calm myself.

"Now this," he turned to the next paper which shows two photos. One is the same angle as the early photo but at a different time. It has a blurry car on the street which can be viewed in the photo. The other photo, on the right side of the paper, is a photo of the same crossing but from a different angle, showing Taeyong's car. "This is the car that rammed into Taeyong's car. His distance from the crossing is perfectly the same with Taeyong's distance from the crossing." It has the same time indicated in the photo, and I can say that both cars have the same distance from the crossing. I felt nervous for the next thing I am going to find out.

"This car, as you can notice, had the driver's door open. In the video, I think the driver attempted to get out of the car." I nodded as a sign that I got it. Then it's even more possible for the driver to be alive. "He failed and rammed into Taeyong's car."

He showed me the next photo, showing the car that collided with Taeyong's. The head of the other car met the side of the front part of Bad-yong's car.

"Even when the traffic sign said stop, the car didn't even slowed down. This car was on a faster speed than Taeyong's, so it arrived earlier than Taeyong, hitting only this side, but with great impact." He turned to the next page. "This car ended up lifting it's left side so it stood sideways. While Taeyong's spun for like two rounds before it hits the wall, again, with a great impact."

I gulped as I felt  my heart breaking. This accident is indeed deadly. I pursed my lips and stopped myself from shedding a tear again. Poor Bad-yong.

"I see." The only words I managed to say. It's getting hard for me to breathe. This just shocked my whole system.

"While everyone was being intrigued by the accident, Sunghoon left the scene comfortably, as if nothing happened in front of him."

I balled my fist out of anger. He's really determined to kill Bad-yong, isn't he? I glanced at Bad-yong who is peacefully sleeping while struggling for his life in the inside. I inhaled and exhaled to calm myself.

"I got it." I looked at his face and one thing popped in my mind that made me worry. I held both of his tensed hands and cupped them together. "You have the same face and body structure as him, as you were once the same person. It's not impossible for that Sunghoon guy to go after you as well." I said right to his eyes.