Prologue

"Many spectators of this night's lunar eclipse are gathered here at Mine Square Park where the said eclipse is expected to be clearly seen."

It was thirty minutes past nine. The news from the television caught Lee Taeyong's attention. He passed by a small food stall where a television is displayed for the customers.

He is soaking with sweat that is shone by the streetlights. He continued walking with a series of heavy breaths. His brown hair reflects through the streetlights he passes by. He is wearing a deadly glare, but he's not looking at anyone. His wound on his right knuckles are stinging but he didn't care. He can taste iron from his mouth, probably because of the blood on his lips.

He arrived at a dark, quiet street where no one dares to cross. He went to his car parked on the side and hopped in.

He heaved sighs while gripping the steering wheel. It's totally dark and quiet. The moonlight can't help as it is being covered by the Earth from the sunlight.

He leaned his head to his head rest as he felt it aching. A scene a while ago in an alley separating two blocks of building flashed in his mind. It was dark in there but lights from the street lamps managed to lighten some of their pathways. There's a guy laying down the cold dirty ground.

He squeezed his eyes and continuously hit the steering wheel. He groaned in pain. He's enduring body aches from the fight he had earlier.

He looked at his reflection from the dislocated rearview mirror. He is sweating a lot, forming drops of mixed blood and sweat. He glared at his reflection and cried.

"What have you done again this time? I told you not to do stupid things! I told you to control yourself! Now what, Taeyong? You paralyzed that young man!" He shouted and pointed at his reflection.

He again remembered the scene where he gave his final blow to the young man and he fainted. He placed two fingers on the young man's wrist and he felt no pulse. His eyes widened and he walked backwards. "I'm sorry." That's all he was able to say while shaking his head in disbelief to his self. Then he ran.

He wiped his tears, "Why can't you just remain shut? Why do you keep on doing bad things?"

He can feel anger within him. An anger towards his self for doing such inhumane things. He just want to repent from being deviant and repel the evilness in him. It is the part of his life when he's not happy about what he's doing unto others that at the same time, he can't stop. He can barely control his self.

He combed his hair in frustration and then started his car's engine. The headlights gave light to his way. He rushed to his home despite feeling hos whole body aching. It's more painful than earlier. His head is pounding in pain as well. He is shaking in pain and in exhaustion.

As he reached the big gate of his home, he immediately pressed the button of a remote control chained in his keychain. The gate automatically opened. The façade of his mansion showed up. It has an odd, round plant box in the front with an old, grand water fountain at the center.

He drove around the round plant box while the gate automatically closes. He parked his car in front of the house.

He immediately went out of the car but before he could close the car door, he fell on the ground, facing the sky. He screamed as he felt more pain.

He saw the moon being covered by the Earth. It still has light, but the supposed to be full moon looks like a crescent moon at that moment.

With all of his strength, he tried to stand up. But he only managed to stand through his knees.

He cried and screamed along with the pounding pain he's feeling. He punched the ground and bowed his head down. He tried to stand but he remained on his knees and weak arms.

"AAAAAAAH!" He screamed even louder as he felt an eerie sensation in his body, as if his body is breaking into pieces.

He felt the utmost pain he could feel. He closed his eyes and screamed on the top of his lungs. The moon is now totally covered by the Earth, blocking the sun to shine through moon. There's no moonlight to shine on him.

He then just felt his body weaken and he fell on the ground once again. His face is buried on the ground. He is still conscious but he's totally drained. The pain is still there, but it surprisingly weakened. He's trying to catch his breath while trying to stand up once again. He then felt lightened.

He managed to stand through his knees. He heaved a sigh before opening his eyes. But as he opened his eyes, he saw a man lying in his front. He can only see the back of the man with black hair. He seems conscious but he also looks weak. He cam hear him panting and he is sweating a lot.

He crawled towards him and tapped him, "Sir? Excuse me?" He said in between his heavy breaths. He don't remember anyone entering his house.

"Sir?" He once again called.

He then decided to move the man's body and made him faced him. He felt a sudden shock seeing the man totally looking like him. His facial features and body are definitely the same as his. The only difference is the hair color.

He crawled back in horror. It left his mouth hanging. He stood but as he saw his reflection on his car, he jumped back in surprise.

His hair turned white. He can't believe what he's seeing. He looked at the man that looks like him. Then back to his reflection.

He squeezed his eyes and slapped his own face. He again opened his eyes but the reflection remained the same.

***