some angst on a lovely evening

"this man is convicted of one of man's worst crimes."

the bell had tolled thrice at noon, meaning a hanging was in order at sun down. a man ripped from his home and family, accused for a crime he believed wasn't one.

"he has laid with other men." many people shout horrible things, and the priest rose his hands to silence the noisy crowd.

dallon followed the crowd to the gallows and saw a young man with a noose around his neck, the word "faggot" seared deep into his forehead, and tears slipping silently down his cheeks and landing at his feet. he recognized this man.

"a horrible crime against god. he is a monster, a foul beast. he shall be executed and tried in front of god himself. he will be sent to hell."

the man looked down at his feet and took a shuddering breath. he looked up and scanned the crowd, no longer looking somber. he looked angry now. dallon's heart sunk when he realized it was his brendon.

brendon's eyes were sweeping the crowd, and the priest's words, drowned out by dallon's heart pounding in his ears, continued ferociously. brendon spotted dallon and smiled. he smiled widely. he laughed. his laugh rang throughout the gallows and the priest stopped talking.

"may god have mercy on him."

the crowd echoed this statement in a monotone murmur, and the executioner pulled the lever, and the platform that held his feet up released.

it took brendon thirty seconds to stop laughing.

________________________________
lol i wrote this while watching game of thrones and now i'm crying i'm so emotional i miss tommen already he wasn't a joffrey rip