theories of a bloody handed boy

the boy pulled his car over to the side of the road, his eyes too blurry with tears to drive safely. he let out a sob and pounded the heels of his hands against the steering wheel a few times. he sobbed again, swearing loudly. he got out of his car and pressed the heels of his hands to his temples, letting out a mangled sound of pain.

he stepped into someone's lawn, not caring whose, and just let out a frustrated scream. he kept sobbing and screaming and finally fell to his knees. the snow immediately engulfed his knees in coldness. he cried and cried, watching his skin slowly discolor.

dallon was watching him from his living room window. the boy was screaming, it was hard not to hear him screaming in his front yard. "jesus, kid," he said under his breath, watching as he stopped moving. dallon quickly got up from his position on his couch and made his way outside, hoping no one else heard his screams. he picked the boy up and walked his limp body inside. everything inside of dallon hoped he was just passed out.

when he laid the boy on his couch, dallon noticed his bloodied hands. he was curious as to why they were stained with blood, and came up with several theories while he went to go grab multiple blankets from his bedroom. when he came back, he made sure the boy had a pulse, sighing in relief when he felt one. he quickly went to work to remove the boy's clothing, removing his own after. dallon sighed as he picked up the blankets, putting them over the boy's freezing body, and climbing under them to pull the boy's body into his.

dallon laid there for a while and shared his body heat with this total stranger that had literal blood on his hands.

dallon came up with these theories:
1. he was a murderer and just killed someone.
2. it was just paint and dallon was overreacting.
3. he was in a fight.
4. he was just batshit crazy.

he felt the boy shiver and press himself into him more, so he pulled him even closer. dallon felt the boy's hands search for a warmer spot, and they settled for being pressed between their two bare chests.

dallon tried not to think about the blood on the boy's hands.

after about another hour of sharing his body heat, the boy began to move even more than he was before. dallon took this opportunity to explain himself.

"hey, i'm really sorry i'm basically cuddling you naked right now, but i'm really sure you got hypothermia and i'm sharing my body heat with you."

"y-you sh-should h-have let m-me d-die," a quiet and very weak voice responded. "that would be a dick-ish thing to do, though. you were screaming and crying and you passed out, so i had to help." the small body that was pressed against Dallon's shook its head.

"y-you d-don't g-get it," the boy began to cry into his chest. "m-my friend g-got sh-shot and d-died in the hos-hospital. i-i have t-to d-die." the blood on his hands suddenly made sense to dallon. "did you try to save him?" he got a small nod in response. "alright. well, i'm going to go make some hot chocolate to help warm you up. keep yourself warm under those blankets while i'm gone, okay?" dallon pulled away from the boy, who looked up at him with wide, teary eyes. "what's your name?" the boy blinked at the question before answering with a quiet, "brendon."

dallon nodded and got up, watching as brendon curled up under the blankets. "thank you, beautiful stranger," dallon turned to see brendon looking at him.

"please, call me dallon."

___________________________

idek