Chapter-1-'oh so important' words

Merlin looked out of his cell window to see Leon, Elyan and Lancelot setting up the pyre. They began an conversation whilst placing the logs.

"I knew I should of told you sooner. I shouldn't of trusted him, what was I thinking? Keeping his secret. They are all the same, those wretched sorcerers." Merlin heard Lancelot tell the others with a look of disgust on his face.

"Its not your fault he probably had you under some evil enchantment or something like that" Elyan replied

Leon joined into the conversation
"We all were wrong to trust him, we even called him a friend. He tried to trick us , yet failed. Tonight at this pyre he shall burn and take his last breath. After tonight we will be rid of MERLIN...Merlin...

Merlin

Merlin

Merlin wake up!" Leon shook Merlin awake.

"Please no! I am your friend!" Merlin shouted towards the knights while scooting to the end of his bed roll.

"What are you talking about Merlin?" Arthur turned to his trusted servant

"What happened?" Merlin questioned

"You were whimpering and shaking in your sleep so we woke you up, well Leon did," Arthur told him, ",what could your dream be about that was so bad that it had you shaking in your sleep?"

"It's nothing, don't worry, sire"

"Trust me, I wasn't worried"

"Sure you weren't" Merlin teased, Arthur just chuckled at Merlin.

"We need to pack up and head back to Camelot before noon so that we can make it back before dark."

Merlin, Arthur and the knights of Camelot (pic at top) had gone on a hunting trip and had traveled out far so they set up camp and slept through the night and planned to go back before noon.

~•~•~•~

They all arrived back at Camelot with out any trouble.
As they arrived in the courtyard Gaius ran up to Merlin with a letter in his hand.

"Merlin read this!" Gaius orders merlin with a face of distress

The knights and Arthur look over at Merlin and Gaius, as Merlin takes one look at the handwriting and runs off towards his room looking as if he is about to cry. They had never seen Merlin run so gracefully, he didn't trip or stumble like his usual self.

"Gaius, what was that letter about and who was it from?" Arthur asked ,worried about Merlin, actually worried this time

"That is something im afraid I cannot tell you" Gaius replied, walking away in the same direction as Merlin

"That was strange"

~•~•~•~

The knights and Arthur were in the armoury putting their weapons and armour away. Percival noticed that Gwaine wasn't acting like his usual self, there were no stupid stories about one of his many days at the tavern or making fun of Arthur.

"What's up Gwaine?" Percival asked

"It's that letter" he got as a response

"Merlins letter?"

"Yeah, I wonder what it was about that made him go off like that"

"Merlin is really emotional over everything, im sure its not much" Arthur confirmed

"It is important"

"How do you know if you haven't read it?"

"I read bits of it but didn't even get to read a full sentence, just a fue words, and i can say from those fue words that it is important"

"Go on then, tell us these 'oh so important' words" Mordred grinned

"All i got was she, you, Camelot, dangerous, evil and will be safe"

"It sounds worse than I thought but if it is 'oh so important' im sure Merlin will tell us" Leon reassured them

~•~•~•~

As Merlin arrives at his room he sits down on his bed and begins to read the letter...

Dear merlin,
            Your sister, Elitha, has gained your fathers magical abilities. She is going to be sent to live with you in Camelot, I know it could be dangerous for her there but I know you will protect her. There is no place for any evil, such as magic in my kingdom. I don't care where she lives or what she does as long as she will be safe, so i done the same thing as i did to you when started to show interest in your capabilities of magic. Im sending her to you and i do not wish to see either of you again unless your magic is no more. Elitha will be due to arrive on Tuesday.

Love,
Your mother
Queen Hunith

Merlin didn't know wether to cry or smile. Half of him was thinking, how could their mother say she loves us then send us away because of how we were born. The other half of him was thinking about how he is going to see his sister again after 12 years. A lot has changed in 12 years will they still recognise each other that well, is she still the same kind hearted, selfless, funny little girl that he used to know. Elitha is only one year younger that Merlin, so because they were close is age they were great friends when they were young.

Today was Monday so Elitha was due to arrive tomorrow so he had the rest of the day to prepare for her arrival,

"MERLIN!" Or maybe he didn't. Ugh Arthur.

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>

Yay! First chapter done!

What do you think so far?

Don't be a silent reader. Please comment so i know to continue the story.

P.s. Elitha is pronounced El-E-tha For anyone wondering

Thanks for reading!
Byeee!

~•~•~•~

911 words