Chapter-6-butterflies

"Who wants to go first?... Arthur?"Merlin looked over at Arthur

"Merlin this isn't you! What did she do to you?"Arthur shouted

"Ok, lets not start on Arthur. I say we go back to the very beginning." Merlin walked to the middle and crouched down.

There was a pattern on the floor in the middle in a circle. The knights watched as Merlin placed his hand in the middle. Then they all flashed and they were transported to a castle, it was larger than Camelot. The knights looked at it in awe, it was beautiful.

"Aww isn't it lovely. I'm sure the people who live there are lovely." Merlin gritted through his teeth ,obviously being sarcastic.

"Who lives here?" Percival asked

"You'll see"

They were transported again to inside the castle. They were in a large room, there was a woman lying on a majestic bed with a man at her side. The knights could tell that they were the king and queen, but why were they watching them?

It quickly cut to the king and queen in the same place but they were smiling with joy and the queen was holding a child.

"He has your eyes" the queen looked to her husband, sounding not so pleased.

"Wait.. as in?" The king asked.

"Yes" she looked down at her new son.

The knights looked to find the sons eyes glowing gold. He has magic. The little boy laughed and a blue butterfly appeared, then another and another.

"Please make him stop" the mother called to her husband, who looked upset as he took the child from her. He cast a spell and the laughs and the butterflies stopped.

"I want you to control him. He can not use that disgusting magic whilst I'm around." The knights felt sorry for the little boy, even though he had magic, his mother didn't want him.

"Do you feel sorry for him?" Merlin smirked at the knights.

"Yes, of course. Why would his mother treat him like that?" Leon said.

"Well then, lets see if your opinions change. Keep watching." They turned back to the little boy and his parents.

"I've told you before. Magic is not disgusting, it can do amazing things. Magic is like a sword, if the wielder is evil and uses it for bad purposes that is bad, but if it is used to protect people, save people and care for people then it is nothing but good." Arthur thought about he kings words carefully.

"What ever you say. But i still don't want him using it." The wife continued.

"What are we going to name him?"

"What about?... Merlin?"

"Yes, its perfect. Hello, Merlin." The king tickled his son and he laughed again and butterflies appeared, the wife glared at her husband "lets hope he grows out of that habit."

The vision stopped as all the knights stared at Merlin, shocked. Then the questions flooded in.

"Your a prince?"

"You have magic?"

"Was that you?"

"Did you grow out of the habit?"Gwaine asked the last question.

"Lets test your question Gwaine." Morgana said as she walked up behind Merlin.

"No, Morgana, don't you dare." Merlin joked, stepping away from her. It was too late, Morgana started tickling the warlock prince. The sound of Merlins laugh filled the room, but that wasn't the only thing, bright, blue butterflies flew around the room. Gwaine, Lancelot, Mordred and Percival smiled at the sight, where as Arthur, Leon and Elyan looked at Merlin in disgust.