Chapter 15

When I rolled over the next morning it felt like I hadn't slept at all, with the beeping of machines and the confined space of this hospital bed, the possibility of real sleep was slim to nonexistent. The sun was barely rising over the slush filled city and I was awake for the day. Harry's arm was still wrapped tightly around my waist and his face was filled with distress, even while sleeping. I grabbed his fingers and unlatched them from my body, laying his arm across his chest. I could finally move and breath freely. The pain medicine was basically not there anymore and I could feel the stitches in the back of my head. As I reached to press the nurse call button the side of the bed, he awoke.

"What are you doing" he groggily slurred, his eyes not even opening.

"Just getting some more medicine, go back to bed dear" I whispered and pecked him on the cheek in reassurance. He placed his hand on my thigh and drifted back to bed, I felt claustrophobic and it wasn't just this tiny bed.

"Good morning love, I'm Darla, your nurse for the rest of today. I bet you want more pain killers huh? I heard you had qu-"

"Yes please" I anxiously said wanting the pain to go away and for her to not wake Harry up with her cheery voice that sounded so loud in the small room.

"I'll get right on that" she politely smiled and backed out of the room.

I sighed and glanced over to make sure that those green eyes were still closed. I don't know what happened but it was as if a switch was flipped, something about the incident with Andrew put me eight months into the past. All of the positive growth had I managed by myself and through the past few weeks with Harry had disappeared into thin air. I was back into my scared mindset, the thought of even having a boyfriend terrified me, I suddenly felt that I wasn't ready for this anymore.

Before my mind would wander any farther the door glided back open and Darla appeared with two small paper cups, one hilding three pills and the other holding ice cold water. I tossed them back one after the other and she smiled at me proudly as if it was this great accomplishment to take medicine successfully.

"Thank you" I whispered and began to try to get somewhat comfortable. It was proving to be quite difficult with Harry's long limbs stretching in every possible direction.

She nodded with a perky smile and as quickly as she had came she was gone. I let my eyes close and attempted to at least get a little more sleep but I felt Harry's fingers brushing through the ends of my hair.

"Morning" he said quietly, this time he was completely awake.

"Hello, I was just about to go back to sleep" I responded closing my eyes, refusing to look at him. Looking at him would definitely signal all of the doubts I was having to flood the forefront of my thoughts, it was only 7 am and I had done enough doubting for today.

"Of course, get some sleep" he whispered and I felt his lips press lightly against my forehead and then his body left the bed.

I snuggled into the extra space as I heard the door to the room open and click back shut. I was almost asleep when a loud horn started blasting from the window sill, Harry's phone. I pulled the pillow over my head but it kept going on and on. I finally managed to push myself from the bed and take the three steps over to the window.

There was no name on the caller id, just a number from London. I slid the green bar and pressed the phone to my ear. "Harry, are you there?!"

"Umm...Harry isn't here at the moment. But I am..I'm his friend Melody, if you leave message I can be sure he gets back to you" I responded to the frantic female voice.

"Oh, hi love" the voice instantly calmed down. "When he doesn't answer after three calls I usually begin to lsoe my head, mother's thing I guess" she chuckled.

"I understand, my mum is the same way. Is there anything you would like me to tell him" I asked beginning to grow impatient, sleep was calling my name.

"Just ask him to ring his mum please, and that I miss, and that I...nevermind dear, that's all. Thank you!"

"I will, goodbye."

"Bye, love" she replied happily and then the line went dead.

I shook my head and laid the phone back on the window sill. I used my small amount of remaining energy to return to the bed. I pulled the blanket over my head to block out the sunlight, and mostly him.