Chapter 29

Harry's POV

Silence fell over the room and Mel stared at with me a blank look on her face. I had been thinking about this ever since Gemma had told me that mum was sick again and she probably wasn't going to make it. My parents had been funding my life in Brighton without asking for anything in return but now there would be medical bills and funeral costs to pay, it was time for me to grow up and get an education so I could get a good job that would fund the life I wanted to live. I wanted to be the man that Mel deserved to date and marry and love, she deserved the finest things in life and I couldn't give her that with my job at the coffee shop.

"London is quite a far trip away..." her voice fading off into a quiet whisper as she realized what I was really asking.

"I want to study business and law, I want to go to the same university that Gem and my mum went. I'm not doing this to hurt you, I swear it."

She looked hurt but the tears never came, she squeezed my hand and took a few deep breaths before speaking again.

"I want you to be happy. If going to school makes you happy then by all means do it, I don't want to be the one to hold you back. But why would you do this to me, why would you make me fall in love with you just to leave me." As she finished her breaths were becoming ragged, trying to hold back the tears but she couldn't keep them back much longer.

This was what I feared, I knew she was going to jump to that before I finished explaining myself. I wanted to take this step forward with my own life but also with ours. She could get a way better job in the city while I worked through school and when I finished and found a good job I planned to marry her and have children with her and spend the rest of my life loving her, I though about how I should have lead with all of that instead of watching her cry.

"Mel, I don't want to leave you. I don't want to hurt you. When I told you that you were it for me, I meant it. I want to go to London and go to uni but I want you to come with me" I said tilting her face back up to look at me.

"You want me to move to London you but you phrase it like you're leaving me, I could kill you Styles!"

She grabbed the pillow that was behind us and started smacking me wherever she could get a hit in, but it wasn't long before my long limbs prevailed and pulled it from her hands.

"I'm sorry, but yes I want you to move to London with me. Don't ever think I'm going to leave you, I love you Mel bunches and bunches."

She giggled at my childish ending before pressing her lips to mine. "I love you too, a whole lot. But this is a lot to think about. I don't want to discuss it now, let's lay here and enjoy this and when we get to Brighton we can really look at this and if it can work."

I kissed her and nodded as I pulled her back down to the mattress. I didn't know how to tell her that I had already been accepted and my mum had paid for the first semester, I guess I had to wait until Brighton to discuss that.