The smell of metal and rust, and the same room. Room 307. The numbers were like a saviour, reminding you of Jimin whenever you lied down motionlessly in the hospital bed. Whenever it was the time to eat your medication.

Your gaze is fixed onto the grey haired boy as you enter the room. This time, they allowed a longer session. You sit down, and Jimin stares at your hands.

You pick up the phone.

"I was courageous today. I wore a short sleeved shirt for the first time in a year." you said softly.

"Nobody said anything about the scars. I was paranoid, but nobody asked questions."

Jimin lips form into a slight smile. This time, it was geniune.

"Tell me more."

You begin to talk to him about the smallest, trival things that happened recently, even the little things like the nurse spilling some of your food onto the bed, and forgetting to take your anti-depressants. He gives you his undivided attention, and takes in every single word you say.

"Can you tell me about you too...?" your heart begin to open, and it's been a long time since you've interacted with someone so comfortably. You feel at peace with him.

Jimin looks at you sadly.

"There isn't much going on in my cell....just..endless silence..." you can hear the despair and loneliness in his voice. Your heart was pained.

"I'll come back." you say as Jimin raises his head, eyes brightening up a alittle.

"I'll come back tomorrow."

25th september, 2.05pm

Room 307 greets you. You walk in, and Jimin stares at you. You notice his eyes changing, as if, as if it wasn't as distant as before. But his eyes still told you the story of pain.

The both of you talked about uninteresting things. But it was always all about you. Everything you did recently. There was no exchange of words in the past, as if it was taboo.
You feel your heart opening a little more.

29th november, 4.30pm, time skip.

"Jimin." your heart warms up. He smiles sweetly at you, as you sit down in front of him. He looks at your attire.

"Has it been cold these days?" he asks as he gestured at your winter clothing. You nodded.

"Take care of yourself for me." he says gently.

You feel butterflies in your stomach.

Meeting Jimin each day was your medicine and your purpose for another day. And you knew, it was his purpose as well.

Just another day, i'll live again.

3rd December, 1.08pm

You open the door to Room 307. Jimin was already sitting there, waiting as usual. Strange that the both of you were close, but you've never touched each other, and you've never known what was your relationship with him.

You sit to tell him the recent happenings of your life, which gets more interesting each day as you live with more hope.

Your heart has also been filling up. Your thoughts were of him, everyday, every second. Many things you exchanged with each other, reminds you of each other. You can see Jimin changing slowly, his look in his eyes a little less distant, a little warmer. Suddenly, the time you spent with him was your cherished purpose.