Here Lies...You

It was a cold gloomy day that Nate had given up. Had enough of everything. Mark and him had broken up. His life long pet friend had to be put down. Matt and him gotten into a giant fight. He couldn't sing. And god, he broke his guitar in frustration.

Nate was out of luck, out of time. He walked up the steps of an old, tall, building, held out his arms, took a deep breath in, and leaped.

His leap of faith is what he called it is his letter that he left to Mark. To everyone.

*********

The funeral was a long drawn out one, Mark's tears never stopping and yet never falling.

He felt pain, sorrow, guilt, and the love he would never be able to give even thought it wasn't his right anymore. He broke up with Nate but he wanted to try and work it out later. He swore, to whatever made this planet love, that he honestly loved the raven haired singer.

Mark kept his head low during the service and did his darn best to explain how wonderful Nate was when he had to give a speech, the speech.

*********

It was when everyone had left that Mark went to go say his own words to the recently deceased.

"You know...I'm bummed about you being gone and not catching it sooner because, crap, I love you. I really do. But I'm not gonna stand here and say all my "wishes" because those aren't going to bring you back from the dead. They are not going to heal you or me in any way, shape, or form. If anything they'll just bring more pain." Mark placed three roses on the freshly covered grave. "It's three because of you, me, and the family I wish we had but...here lies you. Goodbye Nate, my love."

As Mark was walking away he took a deep breath and let out a mumbling sound. "I'll see you soon."