Ch-45. Caelin

Another update before my school begins! I cannot believe I did this. Have I mentioned before I like writing from this character's pov? (I know an author cannot be partial to her/his character but I guess, it is easier.) :)

Rule of Battle

**************

**************

Their ships burned. The loss was heavy on their side, but their admiral was not someone he could judge. Weylin Shade. The one with pirate blood. Not to mention he was the descendant of Merric by his mother's side.

But that alone did not decide whether they would win or not. This was Yerinah. This kingdom did not take any crap handed to them. The heirs fought alongside with the army or navy to show that they were not abnormal humans.

Had this been a fair battle, he knew who would have won. The battle would have ended way before it began. And he would be running with his tail between his legs. The power Vritra gave his soldiers was the only thing that was making them stand and fight.

"Taste of victory is sweet," Dawn commented, standing next to him. "But revenge is sweeter."

"Don't count the chickens before the eggs hatch, darling," Saeger chuckled. "Then you will not face disappointment."

"Disappointment?" she asked, cocking her head. "I have heard that word my entire life. 'You are a disappointment, Dawn. What are you good for? Why can't you be like her?'" She mimicked and sneered at the words as though she was disgusted by them. She huffed, "I am tired of it."

"Oh! So it's your family issues that drove you here?" Saeger leant forward and twisted his lips.

"That's enough!" Lyette ordered and Saeger moved away. "Don't involve yourself in something you have no clue about."

Caelin frowned but never said anything. The shadows of the late evening loomed over the room of the wrecked shambles. They calmed him ragging mind down.

"So I take it, you know her," Saeger stated. "Personally."

"My personal life is of no concern to you," Lyette said, nonchalantly.

He pulled his mind away from their conversation. It did not spark any interest in him as the burning ship outside did. The sea burned and that was the first time he saw how the fire and water loved each other.

As the night edged and pushed the sun back to her dormant state, his domain sprung to life. The shadows were all over their camping site and it brought him the whispers no one dared to utter.

It was as if he was there, beside them listening to their conversation, subtly.

Some of them stretched as far as the southern tip of Samariya. That was not the extent of his power. That was the extent of the energy he possessed. The past few days he did nothing.