Ch-9. Payne

Another new character, people. Hope by the end of this book, you will understand the need for these characters. Map is added. It might be confusing for you, but actually, I have edited most cities and towns. Hope it makes sense to you!

Helpless

*********

*********

Spring and Fall shall collide,

Who will win the Fate decide.

Fire nor Ice may stop this rhyme,

Through the paths of forgotten time.

For the song was sung by whom unknown,

Lived through the Ages where it was sown.

Blindness shall come even through light,

Kindness will fall though it was might.

But One shall rise from the ash,

The One to win before time catch.

The One shall shine through the dark,

Born with the Angel's Mark.

Their bond too strong, not to be sold,

And their unique tale shall be told.

He read the text again. He had asked Triane to send him a message regarding the lost heir of Acracia, the winter province and all he got was a stupid prophecy. He growled in frustration. It was at times like this he wanted to pull his hair in irritation but refrained from doing so.

"My Lord, your daughter, asks for your presence," the Butler said standing at the entrance of the room.

"Is it immediate?" he sighed, rolling the parchment.

"Nothing important, My Lord. She just wishes your presence during dinner this night," the butler, Rajan replied humbly, never once meeting his eyes.

"Then prepare supper for both of us in the terrace tonight. Marina likes to eat under the stars." With that, Payne dismissed his butler.

Pulling his honey blonde hair back, he took the script Trianehad sent him. Payne did want to murder him. He knew he could not be tardy with significant matters like this. Though this text was of no use to him, he knew Triane had searched for so many days to get him this information. That was why he needed to discuss this with Lord Cathale.

He distinctly remembered addressing Lord CathaleKing, about twenty years ago, but with the usurper, who crowned himself the king of the realm, all the country kings and queens were to be called lords and ladies. A practice which was followed aeons ago.