Chapter 6

"How does daddy look, (Y/n)?"

Youngjae stood standing in front of the full body mirror, turning once every few seconds to get a better look at his outfit. His clothes weren't actually that fancy or anything like that, just some black jeans, a simple black t-shirt, and his favorite watch on his wrist. He didn't want to overdress, so he went for the safe route of simplicity.

"Handsome!" The little girl exclaimed, watching her dad excitedly from the bed. Heck, she was probably even more excited about the whole thing than Youngjae was. He, instead, was more nervous than excited. It's understandable, considering it would be his first date in years.

A rhythmic knocking on their door broke Youngjae's attention away from the mirror and caused a nervous chill to run down his spine. He began to rush to make sure everything about him looked presentable and finally opened the door when he felt that he didn't look all that bad.

"Good afternoon, sunshine."

Youngjae's shoulders slumped when he realized that the person behind the door was only Jackson. He had called him to come babysit (Y/N) while he was gone, and the blonde was quick to accept the offer. Youngjae would've normally called Jaebum to come and babysit, but the dance studio was usually packed with lessons on Saturdays, so calling Jaebum wasn't an option.

"Thank you so much for the warm welcome," Jackson said, adding an eye roll as he let himself inside.

Youngjae mumbled a half-hearted apology and closed the door.

"(Y/n)! Your favorite uncle is here!" Jackson opened his arms wide, waiting for the little girl to give him a big hug, but when she saw him, she tilted her head in confusion.

"Where's Uncle Mark?"

"I'll let myself out."

Testing (Y/n)'s love for him, Jackson went to open the door and fake leaving, but instead, he stopped in his tracks as he came face-to-face with Mark, who had quite the delicious-looking fruit bouquet in his hand.

"Hey there, Markie-pooh. Please, come in."

Mark swatted Jackson's hand away when he tried to reach for one of the chocolate covered strawberries and walked over to his date.

"I heard from a little birdie that flowers aren't your thing, because of the pollen, so I got you these."

With a soft smile, Youngjae took the colorful assortment of chocolate covered fruits from Mark and stared at the basket. Youngjae was amazed, to say the least. He's never seen fruit so prettily arranged like the ones he was gifted. He almost didn't want to eat it and ruin its beauty.

"Thank you, Mark hyung. It's beautiful."

"But not as beautiful as you."

Both Mark and Youngjae looked at each other wide-eyed and with reddening cheeks. Mark didn't mean to say that, well actually, he did, but not aloud! It just came out automatically and so smoothly.

Both Jackson and (Y/n) were squealing and "ooo-ing" at this point, their excitement getting the best of them as they voiced their giddiness.

Youngjae wanted to smack Jackson for being so embarrassing, but he didn't move from his spot in front of Mark. His eyes shifted from his face to down at the bouquet in his hands, a smile unconsciously gracing his lips. He couldn't help it, because he was honestly really happy that Mark thought that he was beautiful. A beautiful man like Mark complementing him on his looks was enough for his own heart to beat like crazy and give a considerable boost to his self-confidence.