Chapter 25 - I Love You

“Hello?” I call loudly. My body is trembling with even more fear than it has in the past week.

“Sam!” a whisper comes from behind me. I am searching the upstairs for Casey as I hear some major fighting going on outside. Why did they move it outside? I thought it was centered around Casey since Jace and Collin were trying to save her.

“Yes?” I whisper back, looking around. It seems to be coming from behind me, so I whirl around and start looking in the living room. It takes only a minute to find her once I turn around. She is tied up to a desk chair by the television and she seems to be untouched. I am cautious as I walk up to her and start trying to free her.

“You're okay,” she breathes. “I thought Cody had taken you out by now. Thank goodness you're okay.”

“I'm fine, but we need to get you out of here,” I say, untying the ropes. She helps me as best as she can and we will have her free in no time.

“You're fine?” she gasps. “There's no way you can be fine after what you've been put through. You don't even look like yourself. You look like you've been a prisoner. It's obvious that he's abused you.”

“Casey, we can talk about this later,” I say, pulling the ropes off her. “We've got to get you out of here. We can sort this out when we're free from this hole of misery.”

“But Sam, he-”

“Look what we have here,” I hear behind me, making both Casey and me jump. “If it's not brat junior and senior themselves.”

Oh crap. My heart rate accelerates and my breathing becomes shaggy. How does he manage to come in at just the wrong times?

“Look what we have here,” Casey shoots back, trying to be brave. “If it's not the dimwit who destroyed everything that was important to me.”

“Me?” he smirks. “It's not my fault that you guys are here right now. Maybe you should have just given up the house and gotten away. It would have made things a little easier for all of us.”

“It doesn't belong to you!” Casey yells, getting up from her chair. I bite my lip and look out the window. I notice that the police are here now and there's quite the little war going on outside. “You were never even a part of the family! The only reason you were lucky enough to end up in a family like this is because your mom asked my dad to take care of you. That's it! Nothing here is yours! You don't get the birthright here! Give up!”

“Don't you dare sass me like that,” Cody growls, making Casey and I both take a step back in fear. Casey falls back in her prison chair and I step behind it, trying not to cry. I have never felt so intimidated in my entire life. I know what he's capable of now and I know he's not afraid to kill us if he so desires.

“I will sass you until you get your bloody, good for nothing self away from my family and never bother us again,” Casey says with a spark of courage. I suck in a deep breath and try not to hyperventilate.

“You are-” Cody starts to say, but he doesn't finish. The front door bursts open and Jace runs in followed by Collin and some policemen. Suddenly, there is hope.

“Back away from them, Cody,” Jace says as the police point their gun at Cody. He looks a little startled and slowly puts his hands up, trying not to look nervous, but I can tell he is. His drug days are about to be over.

“Or else what?” Cody asks, smirking wickedly. “What is weak little Jace going to do for the cause?”

“Sir, we are going to have to shoot if you don't surrender yourself,” one of the policemen says, pointing the gun right at Cody. He casually backs up a little bit, but it doesn't last very long. Next thing I know, he has pulled his gun out of his pocket and the officers are getting shot. Thankfully Jace has stepped out of the way because things are getting bloody really fast.