Chapter 7 - The Janitor's Closet...What a Classic

The next week goes bad. No, scratch that. It goes horribly terrible. By Friday, I am hanging on the edge with two of the most immature people I know. Their tricks are getting old, the whole school is scared of both of them, and who's to deal with it?

Oh, that's right. Me.

I walk from my lunch table where I was having a therapy session with my friends and I continue to let out my anger with each step. Joe and Hadley now know everything I have been dealing with and no matter how much they thought they'd be of help, there's really nothing they can do. I'd love help, but how could people like them deal with people like Jake and Jace?

I try and stop acting like a toddler, stomping my feet, and more like an adult. I keep telling myself over and over that this will end, but it seems endless. Who gets desperate enough for tricks to put a tack on the teacher's chair? I had no clue who pulled that one, but I can surely guess it's one of two people.

I walk past the office and start to round the corner, heading to fourth hour when I feel an arm sneak around my waist and a hand clamps on my mouth. I've been in enough wars with Jace that I immediately start defending myself, but a door is slammed in my face before I can even stomp on his foot or bite fingers. I keep struggling, but my attempts to escape are thrown off when my kidnapper drops their arms, leaving me to plummet on the hard tile floor. 

The janitor's closet...what a classic.

"Are you okay?" he asks, concern echoing in his tone. He grabs my wrist and pulls me up, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in for a kiss. I neatly dodge his attempt and jump on him, trying to get over his big, muscular arms to get him in a head lock.

"Sam, what are you doing?" Jake asks, trying to fight me off as I continue to make my way to his back. I stop trying to get my arms around his neck when I realize who kidnapped me and I let go, sliding off his giant body.

"Oh great, you?" I hiss, pushing him away forcefully. "Why did you bring me in here? Don't you think this is a bit childish? Thanks to you, we're both going to be late to Mr. Lemchy's class and you know how he feels about that."

"Who cares, babe? It's just a tardy," he shrugs, finding the light and pulling it on. I tap my foot impatiently, waiting for the rest of his explanation. "Something is going to happen in there that I don't want you to be a part of."

"Bad boy wanna be, say what?" I stop, raising my eyebrows. What in the world would happen in there that I wouldn't want to be a part of?

"Bad boy what?" Jake asks, scoffing. "You are such a spitfire. I never know what's going to come out of you next. It makes me want you that much more."

"You can't be serious," I say, making a gagging noise out of my mouth.

"I am. You and me...think of the possibilities. We could be the greatest couple to ever exist in Oakland-"

"You and I can't be together," I grimace, interrupting his monologue.

"What? Why? I thought you told me you liked me at your brother's party."

"That was then," I say, turning to the door. "This is now."

"Whoa, you aren't going anywhere," Jake says, pulling me back away from my escape. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I liked you then and now I've definitely reconsidered it," I say, folding my arms across my chest.

"Oh, please," he snorts, leaning against the wall in front of me. "You know you want some of this and I'm more than happy to give it to you."

"Where's your ego notch? It seems a little out of proportion, I think I should probably turn it off."

"If you wanted to feel me up, you could just-"