Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Lydia Dunst

Casen had called eight times and each time I hit ignore, he didn't get to say that to me and just call like nothing happened. I didn't forgive and forget that easily. I was actually quite stubborn, according to my Dad. I pushed Casen out of my mind and focused on getting ready for my date with Dustin. I didn't know where we were going but that wasn't going to stop me from looking good.

I had to remind myself that at one time, Lydia Dunst was a girly girl and very good at makeup. I pulled out all the stops, even eyeliner no matter how many times I had to try and perfect it. From my closet, I chose a flowy v neck long sleeve green shirt with light wash ripped jeans and a light blue faux jean jacket. I even asked my Nana for one of her clutches. I told myself that everything would be perfect.

"Well don't you look beautiful, and you're makeup!" My Nana cooed, running her hands through my brown locks. "Do you have a date with that boy?"

"Yes, and yes you can meet him. Briefly, and no interrogation. You'll scare him away." I said quite seriously.

"Scare him away?" She said, shocked that I would accuse her of such. "Now, I wouldn't do that."

"Remember, Johnny? After your interrogation and Dad's shot gun comment he broke up with me and hasn't spoken to me since." I reminded her.

"He was a weird kid. I didn't like him." She shook her head, justifying her actions.

"Well I like Dustin-"

"Okay..." She gave in. "I'll go easy on him." She put her hands on my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "Just because I love you."

"Thank you. Love you too."

The doorbell rang and I looked at the clock.

6:45

He was early.

"I'll be here, waiting." My Nana said, winking.

I went to the door with a big smile but when I opened it my heart sunk and a frown washed over my face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Casen. I couldn't even look at him. If I did I would have punched him in the face or where the sun didn't shine.

"Wow you look-"

"I have a date. So if you could go." I muttered.

"I need to talk to you Lydia." He tried but I just shook my head. "Lydia..."

"Just go Casen." I finally looked at him. He looked sorry but that didn't mean anything, he shouldn't have said what he did in the first place.

"I want to tell you that I'm sorry." He put his hand on my arm but I shrugged it off.

"Now is not the time." I took the door in my hands and went to shut it but he put his foot in the door. "Stop Casen!" I shoved him back, my hands pushing forcefully against his chest.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted, throwing his arms in the air. "I am, Lydia. Just let me say it."

"You don't get to do that! You can't say what you did and show up and just say sorry like you put a fake worm in my sandwich. You hurt me Casen, so just give me some time." I bursted. He was turning a good day into a bad one.

"Lydia..."

"I'll talk to you later Casen, just go." He gave in and let me close the door.

The date already felt ruined. I wanted to hit a punching bag until I passed out but I couldn't cancel on Dustin. I thought maybe even going out with him would be the best thing for me, to take my mind of things and just have a good time with the boy I liked. It wasn't five minutes before the doorbell rang. I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face. I didn't want to fake it... and it turned out I didn't have to. The second I saw Dustin, my entire face lit up.