Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Lydia Dunst

I put my head down on the cafeteria table, if it wasn't so loud I would have fallen asleep. "I hate mondays." I complained to Janie and she quickly agreed while eating a peanut butter sandwich, even though we weren't allowed to bring nuts. She's such a rebel, I thought and laughed at my own joke.

My phone buzzed making the entire table vibrate.

DUSTIN: Tired?

I laughed and smiled, looking around the cafeteria. He was sitting in the corner with Joshua.

ME: Is it that obvious?

"Now why are you smiling at your phone?" Janie asked, very suspiciously. I wasn't one to watch Facebook videos or YouTube so she could immediately rule that out as the culprit.

"A boy?" I muttered, my cheeks starting to heat up.

"Is it Dustin?" Her eyes lit up and I nodded sheepishly.

"He asked me out on a date." I told her and she gasped.

"Where is he?" She looked around and immediately found him in the crowd. I put my head back down on the table, embarrassed. "Who's the guy with him?" She wiggled her eyebrows, interested in the cute spanish boy sitting next to Dustin.

"That's Joshua, Dustin's best friend." I muttered.

"Oh Joshua." She said sexually. "Go talk to them! Oh and put in a good word for me with the best friend."

"I'm okay here." I said but I knew she wasn't going to stop bugging me.

"Oh come on. I want to live vicariously through you, since I'm currently living the single life. So go talk to him, please!" She begged and I looked over at Dustin.

"No." I stood my ground.

"Lydia." She warned, starting to make her way over the table. She found my weak spot.

"Okay, alright, just please don't stand on the table." I surrendered and got up.

"Thank you." She smiled. I just frowned at her, slightly annoyed and slightly nervous to talk to Dustin. "Go get him." She slapped my butt and I gasped.

"Janie!" I laughed, not wanting to make a scene so I just kept walking. Dustin saw me coming and smiled.

"Hey." He said and moved down to make room beside him on the bench. I sat down and threw my bag up on the table.

"Hey." I smiled. All the sudden I didn't know what to say. I was tongue tied just looking at him and there wasn't many times when I didn't know what to say.

"So what were you doing at Dustin's yesterday?" Joshua cut in, leaning over Dustin to ask me. He had a look in his eyes like he was expecting me to say something sweet and innocent. I liked to say the unexpected.

"Oh you know, we just had some fun in his closet." I winked and Dustin coughed, choking on his own spit, blushing. I held my stare with Joshua and wore a very serious face. Dustin looked between us, wondering who would break first.

"He doesn't have a closet." Joshua shook his head and I cracked a smile.

"Oh you caught me." I held my hands up in surrender.

"You know what Lydia? Do me a favor and do have a little fun with him." He told me and turned his attention to a still very red cheeked Dustin. "Maybe then he'll grow up and stop blushing over every stupid little thing."