Chapter XX Ephraim's Resolve

{~_~}

Ephraim's POV

Our final battle commenced. As much as I didn't want to face my childhood friend, I had to muster up the courage to face him.

"Ephraim, I can't do it!" (Y/n) cried."I can't kill one of my close friends!"

"It's alright I understand. If it's too much for you, wait outside. The rest of us will handle it." I stroked her hair.

"But I can't just sit back and do nothing! I promised that I'd restore Lyon back to his original state, and that's just what I'll do!" (Y/n) vowed.

"I'd like to believe that you could, but it's impossible...Lyon said that. I'm sorry (y/n), but defeating him is the only way to free Lyon from the demon king's grasp and to save the world." I explained to her.

"I see...so that's the only way huh?" She dried her eyes." Then let's the three of us: you, me, and Eirika subdue the demon king once and for all!"

"That's the spirit (y/n)! Now...onward into battle!"

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

Despite my initial reluctance to fighting my childhood friend, I suppressed my tsunami of emotions and fought beside the prince and princess of Renais. I wish it didn't have to come to this. Lyon, Eirika, Ephraim, and I vowed that nothing would never come between us; yet here we stand.

This is the final battle, and it's the only thing standing in between Ephraim's answer. With that in mind, I used the Nidhogg, and I struck down my opponents. It wasn't just me who was motivated to end this battle, our whole army was. Everyone seemed to be at the top of their games today, including Tana. It seemed as if she was competing with me to see who can take down the most of the enemies forces.

"No matter Ephraim's decision, let's remain friends!" Tana shouted at me.

"Yes," I nodded in agreement.

We were surrounded by monsters, and we were forced to fight together. Surprisingly, we made a good team.

"Heh, you're not bad for a princess," I smirked.

"Ha, and you're not bad for someone who is shielded by the prince almost every battle!" She retorted.

"(Y/n), let's go!" I heard Ephraim call.

Right, I forgot I told him that I'd fight with him and Eirika to subdue Lyon, and eradicate the demon king.

"Haha, see you Tana, I have to go aid the prince." I grinned.

{~_~}

Eirika's POV

It's hard to believe that Lyon started this whole war. We promised nothing would ever come between us, and here I am with my sword pointed at his throat. (Y/n) and my brother aided me in fighting Lyon. It was a painful battle, but we were successful in stopping him.

"I see, so the three of you were able to stop me..." Lyon managed to say as he was coughing up blood.

"Don't talk so much, you'll lose more blood! I'll go get a cleric!" I cried.