Chapter VI A Short Reunion

{~_~}

Eirika's POV

Hehehe, (y/n) likes big brother. If they get married then she'll become my real sister...well sister in-law! I wonder how Tana is going to feel about this because I know she's had a crush on my brother for the longest time. Ephraim is so oblivious to the fact that he's in a love triangle, the only triangle he probably knows is the weapon triangle.

"Eirika," I hear Ephraim call me.

"Yes brother?"

"Are you ok?" He asked.

We're currently riding back from Renvall to Renais. He's always concerned about my wellbeing, he treats me like a child sometimes.

"Yes I'm ok, why do you ask?" I responded.

"Well we're in warring times right now, and I know how you detest conflict."

"If this is war, so be it. If at all possible I'd love to end this war without fighting, but it seems reasoning peacefully isn't an option. Grado is after not just Renais, but Jehanna, Frelia, and Rausten's sacred stones for their own evil desires."

"Prince Ephraim, Princess Eirika. We have arrived in Renais." Seth informed us.

{~_~}

It was good to be back home, it felt like it's been so long. When Ephraim walked to go in the castle, the people were cheering that their future king has returned.

"Why are they cheering for me, I thought our people would be mad since I've been gone for so long." Ephraim sighed.

"They believe in you brother, they believe you'll bring them hope." I assured him.

"Eirika, you've returned! And (y/n), and you too Ephraim!" Tana darted from around the castle grounds and wrapped us all in a hug

"Tana, it hurts." Ephraim whined.

"O-oh, I'm sorry did you need me to treat your wound?" Tana replied as she immediately released us from her embrace.

I wonder how (y/n) will react to this.

"Do you even know how to treat a wound properly?" Innes made a remark coming from the corner he were he was standing.

"Innes! Why do you always comment with snarky remarks?" Tana sulked.

"My mother was a cleric, so I know how to treat a wound." (Y/n) spoke up.

"You don't have to (y/n) it's just a minor wound, I'm sure it will close up in a couple of days." My brother said.

"No, you don't want it to scar...plus if it hurts that badly when receiving a hug, it needs to be treated now." She insisted.

"Well alright if you insist," Ephraim said as he proceeded in stripping of his armor.

"Brother, I think it would be best if you did that in your private quarters." I said smirking at (y/n).

"Alright, lets go (y/n)." Ephraim said nonchalantly.

"E-eirika w-why in the world would you say that?!" (Y/n) whispered angrily in my ear.

"Hehehe, no reason...have fun (y/n)~"

{~_~}

(Y/n)'s POV

I can't believe Eirika would say such a thing. She is fully aware of the fact that I like Ephraim, and yet she says this. Lord give me strength when I lay eyes upon his finely toned body! We reached Ephraim's quarters, and oh it's been so long since I've been in his room. He shut the door and started removing his armor.

"W-wait!" I cried.

"What is it now?" He asked with a slightly annoyed tone.

"D-don't just start stripping, give me a warning first so I can shield my eyes!"

"Does it really matter, you're going to see me without the top half of my armor if you're going to treat my injury." Ephraim stated as he continued stripping.

How does he not get that he's embarrassing me?! Men truly do think differently from us women. The prince finished taking off his armor, and showed me where his wound was. Damn, his six pack is so toned I don't know if I can concentrate on tending to his wound!

"Ahh! It hurts!" Ephraim cried as I applied the antiseptics.

"Ha, you act like this is the worse pain you've felt! If you're that weak to antiseptics, perhaps even I could best you in a fight!" I grinned.

"Oh please, you could barely wield my lance!"

"Heh, but I don't pick fights I can't win." I mocked him.

"Nor do I." He smirked.

We both laughed. I'm so glad to be reunited with Ephraim, but our peaceful reunion came to a quick end. Innes, Ephraim, and Eirika were set out to go on separate missions all in effort to thwart Grado's plans. King Hayden permitted the three of them to go on their missions, and funded them. He refused to let his daughter Tana go, who was highly upset. I didn't want to be left by Ephraim again, this time I'm coming with him!

"Prince Ephraim, I'm coming with you!" I declared.

"No (y/n) it's dangerous...I don't even want Eirika to go on her mission."

"But I'm stronger than I was before! I have a good handle on my archer skills, and I be a cleric on reserve."

"What is you reason for desiring to accompany me?"

"I-i just don't want you to leave me again!" I cried.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I promise I'll be back soon." He said as he got on his horse and left.

Ephraim...

{~_~}

To be continued in chapter 7, make sure to vote and comment!

I hope you liked this chapter! Also, be sure to read my other books if you're a fan of Kuroko no basket and/or Nanbaka! I am the author of Area 51 (Jyugo x reader), Arrested (Aomine x reader), Kuroko no short stories, Star Crossed (Akashi x reader), and the sequel to Star Crossed called Vengeance and Lust (Akashi x reader)!

Written May 18th,2017
Published July 17th,2017
Next Update July 20th,2017