#57 | The Haunted & The Haunting

Mulai dari awal

"He's crazy. You two are perfect for each other." She nodded, looking at the picture of the haunted woods.  "What did you say?"

I laughed, "Obviously, I said yes."

"Because you like him." She smirked.

"Because it looks fun." I corrected her.

"Well, have fun." She said, using air quotes and wiggling her eyebrows.

I laughed as she left my room. I took a good look at the three outfits she placed on my bed, and chose one. I thought about which outfit he'd like more, only to realize he wouldn't really care about what I looked like, anyway. Colby wasn't like that. Besides, it's not like he liked me.

Although, it was weird, lately. The more we hung out, the more I wanted to be around him. The more I craved his company. Hanging out with Colby was never a dull moment. His spontaneity always kept me on my feet. We were always getting ourselves into crazy situations, that normal people wouldn't necessarily want to be in. And honestly, it made sense. We weren't normal. We were Jade and Colby.

As I got ready, my phone buzzed.

From: Colbean🐨

Awesome. I'll pick you up at 9. It's like an hour away. See you then! ✌🏻

At around 7, Colby showed up as promised.

"Alright, so I brought flashlights, and walkie talkies just in case we get lost." He said, pointing at his backpack.

"Lost?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nah, not really. I just thought we'd look cooler." He laughed.

I shook my head, "Lame."

"Hey. I also brought snacks. I know you like those Sour Patch Kids watermelon gummies. Oh, and blankets and sleeping bags, of course."

"Wait, why? It's not like we're-" I stopped, realizing this wouldn't be a normal exploration night.

"Yup. We are." Colby said, smiling way too big, as he tried not to laugh at my reaction.

"You guys are going to die." Kat laughed, heating up some chicken nuggets from earlier.

Colby laughed, "Let's go, before the park gates close."

"Have fun, you two! Don't get caught after curfew, don't get arrested, and don't get killed." Kat opened the door for us, waving.

I grabbed my jean jacket, hugged her goodbye, and left with Colby.

As we drove to Santa Monica, we talked about the terrifying story of the park we were about to explore.

"Yeah, apparently people go missing here all the time. No one knows why, though. They just find some of the bodies eventually."  He explained.

"Imagine walking into those woods, not knowing you'd never come out." I said, sending chills down my spine.

"That could be us tonight." Colby whispered.

I looked at him, fear evident in my eyes. He began to laugh.

"We'll be fine, we'll be fine." He chuckled.