Chapter 36: Torture

By the time the rest of the winx showed up to help, it was already too late. James has been captured and the fairies were all exhausted. Thankfully, they had a pretty good idea of where James was being held captive. However even if they wanted to rescue him now, their energy levels were seriously low and they needed to recover.

With nothing more to do and silently cursing themselves, the girls all reluctantly turned in for the day. However there was one fairy who couldn't fall asleep, Bloom herself. It was natural, she knew that James was tough and could virtually take anything that the enemy might throw at him. Its just...its natural for a sister to be worried about her sibling, especially if they've been captured by the enemy.

The one thing that she couldn't shake off easily was what she had felt when the beast had captured her using its construct. That feeling of losing her transformation, it felt cold and dark. Seeing her transformation fading in and out, it was similar to what she was currently thinking of but it just wasn't the same.

 Seeing her transformation fading in and out, it was similar to what she was currently thinking of but it just wasn't the same

"If that beast was what James had to contend with in the past, its a wonder how he was able to defeat it. I'm sure it wasn't easy, he must have used a lot of magic and willpower" thought Bloom.

Since she couldn't sleep, Bloom exited her room and made her way outside. To her surprise, it wasn't just her. Everyone, all of the fairies were outside looking at the sky.

Hearing footsteps behind them, the other fairies turned to see Bloom standing behind them. Among them were the rest of the winx and Flora spoke first.

"Guess you can't sleep either huh......?" asked Flora.

Nodding, Bloom soon joined the rest of the fairies by standing right next to the rest of her friends.

"It seems all of you can't sleep as well, who knew he would have such an impact on all of you" said Bloom.

".......I wonder....." said Liliana.

Everyone soon turned to look at her and Liliana's face was still looking at the night sky.

"Look at where we are now, I wonder.........what would the future look like if we.......were still who we were back then?" wondered Liliana.

"Its funny, it all began with one person. He alone dared to face us, he risked everything despite what we did to him during his childhood and for most of his life" said Mistelia.

"If he never came into our lives or tried to make a difference, would any of us have changed?" wondered Mistelia.

Bermuda triangle

Meanwhile deep within an island of the Bermuda triangle, James was chained to a wall in a prison cell. The floor was flooded with water, it reached her ankles.

James was still in her enchantix form, she had to continue to honor her deal. Maybe the others weren't aware but when the beast messed with the girl's transformations, it actually left a mini shard of itself behind. This shard would explode the girls from the inside out and it wouldn't be a pretty sight.