• 18 •

At around quarter to ten me and Levi packed up all the stuff from the picnic and loaded it into his car.

I had texted my dad to tell him I would be out with a friend tonight, but my house is quite far away from the cliff and getting back at past eleven would be pushing it.

"I had a really nice time tonight Levi... thanks for bringing me here." I said softly.

"You're not just saying that because of the sex right?" He said with a chuckle.

I felt myself blush and I hit his arm lightly.

"No you dweeb! Well... the sex was a bonus... but I enjoyed spending time with you aswell." I said softly, giggling a little as he began the long drive to my house. He smiled and nodded.

"I know what you were implying. I enjoyed spending time with you as well."

We spent a few minutes in silence, just watching the world - or rather, Shiganshina - zoom past our windows.

"Um... you don't have to answer if you don't want to... I was just wondering about what happened when you went home after leaving the hospital."

I sighed and rested my head on my arm.

"I told him I was sorry and that I overreacted... and then we all told Mikasa. She didn't look happy either but she's better at masking her emotions."

"I see. Why is it so bad that they're having a baby?"

"It's not bad. I just... I feel like he's completely forgotten my mom since she died. Whenever me and Mikasa talk about her he just walks out of the room or tells us to shut up." I said, annoyance clear in my voice.

"Well maybe he's still hurting... or he doesn't wanna upset your stepmom." Levi suggested softly.

"June talks about her all the time. They were really close. That's what hurts the most. My mom dies and my dad goes and gets with her best friend."

"Wow... okay um... I don't know what to say to that one."

"Mhm."

There was another silence, except this one held tension. The previous conversation having pulled at the light atmosphere and turning it heavy.

After about half an hour Levi pulled up outside my house.

"Thanks for driving me home." I said with a slightly forced smile.

"Well I wouldn't make you walk. I'm not that mean."

I chuckled and got my bag from the back seat before opening the passenger side door to get out.

"Hey..." Levi called softly.

I turned to face him, seeing him look slightly nervous.

"I'm sorry about bringing that up... I just wanted to make sure everything was okay."

I smiled and leaned towards him, pulling him into a soft kiss.

"It's fine. I understand you're looking out for me, I just didn't expect it."

Levi nodded with a small smile, pulling on my shirt and kissing me again.

I would never... I repeat, never get tired of kissing those soft, pink lips.

"Goodnight Levi, thankyou for today." I whispered when I pulled away. I pecked his cheek and then got out of the car, reminding him to text me when he gets home so I know he's safe.

He honked the horn of his car just before he turned the corner and I waved before walking down the path to my door and opening it.

Most of the lights inside were off except the kitchen one. I took my shoes off and walked towards it, seeing a note on the kitchen counter.

I left some supper in the oven if you want to heat it up. Hope you had fun ;)

-June xx

I blushed a dark red at the implication of the note and threw it in the bin.

I heated the food in the oven and dished it up before taking it to my room.

I thought over the days events as I ate. Skipping school, going to the cliff with Levi, talking for hours with Levi, falling in love with Levi.

I then think about what things were like when I first met him and I laughed. God I hated him.

I thought he was ignorant and up his own ass but now I see his true colours. He's sweet, and caring, and romantic and just a generally amazing man.

But I can tell there's something he isn't telling me. He's troubled that's for sure, we haven't talked about when he passed out but we both know it's going to happen at some point.

I just really hope I can help him. He doesn't deserve to be so misjudged or unhappy. He deserves to show off his beautiful smile, his laugh that I don't doubt only a select few have heard.

I'm glad he chose me out of all people. I'm glad I gave him a chance.

I finished my food with a smile and left the plate on my desk to take downstairs tomorrow.

To Shortie☆:

10:54 pm: Are you home yet?

To Shortie☆:

10:59 pm: Levi?

To Shortie☆:

11:06 pm: I hope you got home okay, I'm going to bed. Goodnight ♡

I locked my phone and put it on charge, before hitting the lights and cocooning myself in my blankets.

Levi's smile being the only thing I could see as I fell asleep.

•••

Hey guys, you hear that? It's the sound of me finally fucking updating after two months. Hooray.

I haven't got much to say except hahaha writers block amiright.

Thankyou for reading, I hope you enjoyed.

Tell me what you thought of this chapter...

HERE!

Tell me what you think is gonna happen next...

HERE!!

Constructive criticism and/or corrections are always welcome, as are you.

ALSO. CHEEKY PROMO BOUT TO HAPPEN RIGHT HERE.
FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM I'M IN NEED OF LOVE. (There's a link in the description on my profile.)
@maxiiisaac

Love you ducks,

~Max
Xx