• 14 •

Eren P.o.v:

Breakfast the following morning started out silent and awkward as my family crunched down on their different cereals.

I glanced at my dad, and then June, and then June's stomach.
Is my little brother or sister really growing in there?

If I keep showing them I'm upset about this it's just going to put more stress on to June. She doesn't need that now... not if she's pregnant.

I took a deep breath and cleared my throat, getting the tables attention.

"Dad... I've been thinking about what I said and did yesterday at the hospital and... I'm sorry. It was uncalled for and you didn't do anything wrong." I gushed, wanting to get it out before I lost my nerve.

My dad looked at me shocked, mouth half full and milk dripping down his chin slowly. He swallowed, wiped his face with a napkin and then smiled.

"Eren it's fine. I understand that maybe you weren't prepared to find out what you did... which is why we waited to tell you. But mistakes happen and it slipped out. It's fine my boy, don't worry."

"What did he find out?" Mikasa piped up from beside me.
She knew something kicked off, but she didn't know what it was about.

Me, my dad and June looked at each other and then Mikasa.

"Mikasa... June's pregnant..." dad informed her softly with a smile.

Mikasa looked shocked for a second. I saw something flicker behind her eyes but it disappeared as suddenly as it came and she put on what I could tell was a forced smile.

"Really!? That's... great! Congratulations."

I chuckled to myself. So she feels the same.

*time skip, brought to you by the muffin man*

I walked into my art class and sat down, getting my supplies out and setting them on the desk.

I looked to the empty seat two spaces behind me and sighed. Levi should have been discharged from the hospital by now. Looks like he's going to be late... again.

We were about an hour into the lesson, Ms Chari droning on about freedom of expression, when my phone buzzed suddenly in my pocket.

I slipped it out and unlocked it under the table as inconspicuously as I could.

1 new message: Shorty

I raised an eyebrow but opened the message anyway.

From: Shorty
Subject: no subject

Sup bright eyes? You enjoying art? You know it's awfully rude not to say goodbye to a sick person right?

I scowled and looked up to Ms Chari, making sure she was still teaching, before typing out a reply.

To: Shorty
Subject: no subject

Well I was, then you disrupted me. And what's your point?

"Eren." Ms Chari called softly, and I looked up.

"Eren is here isn't he?" She said, peeling her eyes away from her laptop to look around the room.

"Yes, I'm here. Sorry Ms Chari I didn't hear you." I said, holding my hand up to assure her of my presence.

She smiled and looked to her laptop again, ticking my name off before continuing to take the register for our second hour.

See I can be stealthy when I wanna be...

From: Shorty
Subject: no subject

You didn't say goodbye to me at the hospital. Wow...  you completely forgot.

Shit I did didn't I... I was so angry I didn't even think.

To: Shorty
Subject: no subject

I'm sorry about that... I did forget to say goodbye or check how you were, but I was just really out of it.

From: Shorty
Subject: no subject

It's okay. You can make it up to me now.

What is he talking about and why do I have a bad feeling about this?

To: Shorty
Subject: no subject

???

From: Shorty
Subject: no subject

You have exactly ten minutes to get your ass to the parking lot starting now.

I'm not going... I'm not going.

I glanced around at the kids surrounding me, half of them were texting like I was, some where asleep and some where just messing around. I think Armin was prbably the only person paying attention to the lesson.

Ugh. Fuck it. What have I got to lose?

•••