Chapter 8

The big battle, guys! Heads up, I am NOT good at improvised battle scenes, and I procrastinated a lot on this chapter. You have been warned . . .

On with the story!

--------------------

Twilight entered the abandoned warehouse, her feet hovering a few inches off the ground. She snuck through the building, avoiding the cameras Warp had set up.

"Almost there."

"Me too."

"Stick to the plan, no matter what happens. Ok, Rob?"

"I always stick to the plan."

Twilight snorted. "Course you don't."

"Yes I do! Every time!"

"Sure," Cyborg deadpanned. "Name one time where you have actually stuck to the plan."

There was no response.

"Come to think of it," Beast Boy realized, "I don't think Robin actually makes a plan. He just says 'Titans, Go!' and we rush 'em."

"Do we need to go over the plan one more time?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah. Veranda needs it," Hawk said.

"Hey!"

"Ok. My team will charge in there, powers blazing. This will cause a distraction so that Beast Boy can take the Genesis Ray. Once Warp realizes what we've done, Robin's team can come and help take him down. Remember, Warp has his chest piece, so he might have gathered a few friends."

"Anyone we should know about?" Raven asked.

"Not without spoiling the future, no," Mindset stated.

"Ok, everybody. Into your positions. Initiate radio silence." Twilight turned off her earpiece and ran to the doorway, hiding in its shadow. She peeked around the corner and gasped. Standing next to Warp was Red X.

"What's Red X doing here?" Hawk asked her telepathically.

"He's Red X. Who knows?" She responded, and sighed. "Let's get this over with." Stepping into the light, she floated up from the floor, eyes glowing. "Drop the Ray, Warp."

"Ah! Nice to see you again, my dear. I'm sure you've met Red X." He gestured to the masked figure.

"We've met. I didn't know you were still in business."

Red X chuckled. "I'm always in business, kid." His voice was deeper than in the security tapes her dad had showed her. Even Red X had to age some day. "Where's your dad? Has he had enough?"

"He's at the Tower. I couldn't compromise the future and bring our parents here."

"That's too bad. We were really looking forward to beating him again, but I guess we'll have to settle for you instead." X fired a barrage of x-bombs at her, and she dodged them.

"Titans, Go!"

A sonic blast came from the catwalk overhead, nearly missing Warp. Warp growled and shot his shoulder cannons in Mindset's direction, successfully destroying the catwalk. Twilight flew up and caught Mindset, setting him gently on the ground.

Wasp fired her stingers at Red X, but the frenemy villain transported behind her and kicked her feet out from under her. As he fired another X barrage at Twilight, Hawk leapt in front of her, a white energy shield surrounding her and Hawk. The bolts exploded harmlessly.

Veranda shifted into a lioness and pounced on Warp, disabling one of his shoulder cannons. As Veranda held Warp down, Beast Boy, in the form of a Balf Eagle, swooped down and snatched the Genesis Ray from the table and flew back to Robin, dropping the Ray into his hands.

"The Ray is secured!" Robin informed through Twilights now-activated earpiece.

"Get ready!"

As Red X kept firing at Hawk's shield, Wasp shrunk down and unbuckled his belt, which held the power core for the suit. Robin snatched the belt as the barrage of X's suddenly stopped.

"Huh?" Red X looked down and shouted in alarm. "Where's my belt?"

Robin tapped his shoulder, and as Red X turned to him he punched X in the face, knocking him clean out.

"It's not your belt to take."

Warp kicked Veranda off of him and ran at Hawk's shield. He fired a continuous beam of white energy from his chest piece at the shield. Inside, Hawk strained to keep the shield up. He collapsed onto one knee, and as his shield failed Raven flew down and combined her magic with his. The shield glowed with white and black energy, and a bolt of black lightning shot out and slashed Warp's chest piece. The tech sparked, and Warp collapsed to the ground and faded out of existence. (A/N: *Spoilers for The Flash on the CW* Sort of like Eobard Thawne did in the season one finale)

Hawk and Raven brought the shield down and Twilight stepped forward. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah," Robin answered, "but just one question: How did this guy," he nudged Red X, "get a hold of the suit? It's locked up tight in the Tower."

"That's something that even you in the future doesn't know," Twilight admitted.

"So, what now?" Beast Boy asked.

"We should probably be heading back," Wasp said.

"Oh, must you go so soon?" Starfire asked.

"I'm afraid so."

Cyborg picked up the chest piece, attached it to his cannon, and fired a sonic beam. A portal opened, and the Future Titans gathered in front of it. One by one, each Titan waved to their respective parents and entered the portal, Veranda in the form of a horse with Red X cuffed on her back. Twilight turned to Robin before she entered the portal. "Hey Robin?"

He nodded.

"Don't be such a Batman."

He cracked a smile. "I won't."

Twilight spoke one last time as she stepped through the portal.

"It's nice to meet you, Dad."

---------------------

A/N: I feel like this ended too ubruptly. Please, let me know if you think so!

Yes, this is the end of the book. There probably won't be a sequel, but you never know.

Thanks for reading, and keep on shipping Robstar!