Chapter 4

This chappy is my favorite. Enjoy!

---------------

Hawk transported them to an abandoned warehouse at the edge of the city.

Veranda shuddered. "At least your teleportation isn't as freezing as mom's . . ."

"What do we do now?" Wasp asked.

"Well," Twilight thought, " I guess we'll have to tell them who we are sometime. We could use their help."

"But what damage would it do to the timeline?" Hawk asked. "What if you tell accidentally tell them what'll happen in their future and they make a different decision?"

"Think about it." Mindset stated. "If we went back and stopped Warp in this time, our parents would remember it in our time. Whatever we do now, it already happened for our parents."

"Wait, so our parents remember us stopping Warp in their past, but to us it's our future?" Veranda rubbed her head. "This is making my brain hurt."

"Time is complicated." Wasp confirmed. "I remember Dad telling me about the only person who ever broke into the tower. I asked him who it was, but he never told me. He just walked off, and I vaguely heard him say something about a girl with blue eyes."

"Blue eyes..." Hawk thought to himself. "The only girl around here that has blue eyes is you, Twi."

"Well, I think I know what I have to do, then."

"Which is what exactly?" Veranda asked.

"I'm going to break into Titan's Tower. Alone."

-------------------------------

Twilight once again landed on the roof of Titans Tower. "Hawk, you there?" She felt a presence on the edge of her mind and let it in.

"Yeah. Are you sure about this?"

"As sure as I'll ever be." Twilight picked the lock on the door into the tower, stepped inside, and closed it gently behind her. She ran softly through the halls towards the commons room where she knew her parents must be. Just before she came to the door, she stopped at a nearby terminal. "Remind me to thank Mindset for teaching me how to hack."

"Remember, you want to trip the failsafes."

"Yeah." She quickly blew past Cyborg's firewalls, taking care to make sure he was alerted to her presence.

"That's it! Go, go, go!"

Twilight broke into a run as the Titans burst into the hallway.

"Titans, Go!"

Twilight dodged a star bolt and jumped over ram Beast Boy. Cyborg shot at her with his sonic cannon. She lept to the right, jumped off the wall, and kicked Raven in the stomach before she could say a spell. She ran off.

Hawk spoke in her mind. "Remember, you have to get caught!"

"What do I do?"

"Go to the med bay. They'll initiate quarantine and gas you. Since you're half human-"

"My immune system isn't as strong as mom's. Awesome! Thanks, Hawk!"

"Sure! I have to go before mom realizes you aren't alone."

The presence left her mind. Twi ran through the Tower, making it look like she was running away and not like she knew where she was going. She turned into the med bay. She looked around, acting like she was frantic.

"Cy! Initiate quarantine!"

Metal walls slammed down all around her, covering the walls, doors, and ceiling. Her dad's voice spoke from the ceiling. "Sorry about this." Gas emerged from the vents. She looked around, faking horror. She breathed in the gas and felt her eyelids droop. As she fell into darkness, she heard Hawk's voice in her head.

"Don't worry, Twi. I'll be there when you wake up."

--------------
A/N: The next chapter is the interrogation by guess who . . . That was fun to write. 😏

Keep on reading!