Chapter 7

I should have posted this a lot sooner, lol. Sorry for making y'all wait. Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

------------

The Titans, both present and future, stood in the commons room. "So, long story short, Future Warp still hates us for beating him in the alternate future and came back to kill us. You guys came back to stop him."

"Yep," Twilight confirmed.

"Why did you give him his chest piece yesterday?" Robin asked.

"He threatened to kill Cyborg."

Cyborg stepped forward. "Why am I so important?"

"Because my sister and I wouldn't exist if you didn't," Mindset answered.

It was Beast Boy who made the connection. "He's your dad."

Wasp nodded.

"If Cy's you guys' dad, then-" he gasped.

"We're your parents!" Raven realized.

Veranda waved at Beast Boy.

Cyborg cleared his throat. "So, you guys have names?"

Twilight glanced at Hawk and raised an eyebrow.

"We shouldn't tell them our real names, just our aliases."

Twilight nodded. "We'll tell you our Titan names, but not our real names - just to be safe."

"Sounds fair enough," Robin consented.

"I'm Twilight."

"Mindset."

"Hawk."

"Wasp."

"Veranda."

Robin nodded at each of them in turn. "Nice to meet you all. Now, lets get down to business."

Veranda and Beast Boy snickered. "Who're we fighting, the Huns?" Veranda asked, fist-bumping her father-to-be.

"Very funny, Veranda," Wasp chided.

Twilight smiled. "You used to tell us stories about all the impossible things you've accomplished," she remembered. "I loved listening to them; how you fought all these unbeatable villains and beat them, how you persevered through anything that came your way, how you learned from your mistakes, how you became more than just a team or a bunch of roommates - how you became a family. You guys are the reason we became Titans. You taught us everything we know. You saved us multiple times when we first started out. Now it's our turn."

"It is most humbling to know we will make such an impact on this city," Starfire said. "And we thank you for helping us understand this threat to our future."

"That's why we're here," Hawk stated. "We came to save you."

"And it's about time we finished the job." Twilight finished.

"We still don't know where Warp escaped to," Raven reminded them.

Mindset began to type a series of code into the Tower mainframe.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Cyborg asked, clearly concerned.

"In the future, you guys figure out a way to locate the time particles that Warp's suit leaves behind every time he uses it," Mindset explained. "I'm reconfiguring the Tower's scanners to search for them. Don't worry, I'll erase any trace of the code I used before we go."

"You're being thorough." Cyborg commented.

"I learned from the best."

"Time particles detected." The computer screen circled three locations in the city: a street corner, the museum, and another abandoned warehouse.

"Well, we know he's not at the museum. The surveillance cameras don't show anything." Cyborg reminded them.

Robin pointed to the street corner. "That must be where he first entered the city. It has the lowest concentration of time particles."

"That leaves only one possibility: the abandoned warehouse," Twilight concluded. "That must be where he's fixing the Genesis Ray."

"We'll need a plan of attack," Wasp suggested.

"Ok," Veranda started, rubbing her hands together. "First, we'll need-"

"Don't you dare pull a Dad, Veranda!" Hawk scolded, causing Veranda to shrink under his glare.

"Like father, like daughter," Cyborg snickered.

"I have a idea."

"What do you have in mind?" Robin asked.

"Ok. Here's what we're gonna do . . ."

------------

A/N: Next chapter's the showdown! Also, surprise visit from an old frenemie. . .

Till next time! Keep on reading!